The clumsy thread

Started by railsquid, June 29, 2015, 04:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Well people have said I have hot stuff in my trousers..... :-[

texhorse

Yeah this is great!!!   :claphappy:

I have now wrecked six EUN651 decoders by bending or snapping the pins off.

I successfully caught a hot soldering iron by the wrong end, to prevent it falling on the floor, and as I slapped the iron out of my burned hand, it attacked my new Union Pacific tee shirt which I had had less than a day from an American supplier.

The best one was when I was putting down some Woodland Scenics grass powder and got too close to the container.  I inhaled the powder somehow and ended up choking and having a green tongue for a day!

Stupid hobby.

:hmmm:

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

railsquid

Well there I was cutting some foam sheets into odd shapes to place on some IKEA shelving when ooops! Drop the cutter, blade falls neatly against shin. At which point it occurs to me it might be sensible to clear the workbench of the clutter stored while I was working on the shelf.

yorkian

Does being clumsy include being incapable of replacing the tiny springs on Dapol magnetic couplers or is this normal for anyone over the age of about 14!!

Sprintex

Managed to replace two of mine that went AWOL while fitting them to wagons and I'm . . . err. . . 40-something ;)

Paul

johnlambert

Quote from: yorkian on July 05, 2015, 04:33:21 PM
Does being clumsy include being incapable of replacing the tiny springs on Dapol magnetic couplers or is this normal for anyone over the age of about 14!!

That one is fairly normal. 

The springs can be replaced but be prepared to sacrifice several springs in order to get one to fit.

The technique I use for Dapol magnetic couplings is to get the new spring on the end of a cocktail stick.  The spring can then be gently eased onto the locating lug, then partially compress the spring as you withdraw the cocktail stick and the spring should drop into place.  A little tacky wax will help keep the spring in place.  You can also use glue but you have to be careful that capillary action doesn't draw the glue into the spring coils and set solid.

yorkian

Will take heart from the information and give it another go! Although in my case it seems to be a combination of 'fat fingers' and 'Should've gone to Specsavers' syndrome!

deibid

Today my lovely  :censored: cat dropped a huge Playmobil pirate ship over the layout.
:censored: :veryangry: :censored:
Fortunately little damage, a tunnel mouth was fractured but it went easily back into its place. I must say that cardboard buildings are a huge YES in this kind of situation.
I post this accident in the clumsy thread, but in this case the clumsy one is the  :censored: :censored: :censored: CAT.
Next station...

Malc

Quote from: deibid on July 06, 2015, 10:00:02 AM
Today my lovely  :censored: cat dropped a huge Playmobil pirate ship over the layout.
You spoil that cat, buying it pirate ships. Ours had a little ball to play with.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

deibid

Quote from: Malc on July 06, 2015, 11:01:17 AM
Quote from: deibid on July 06, 2015, 10:00:02 AM
You spoil that cat, buying it pirate ships. Ours had a little ball to play with.

That cat is spoiled beyond recovery already... the ship is my daughter's, I don't know why :angel: but she really likes all means of transport... trains being a big thing for her  :D
Next station...

fatso

:-[Clumsy is when you paint the cat head sky blue, murdering by electrocution 4  goldfish and electrocuted  cat with 16volts  believe  me the list goes on.mike
Always looking on the bright side of life

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: deibid on July 06, 2015, 11:24:09 AM
she really likes all means of transport... trains being a big thing for her  :D

What? :worried:  Surely you don't mean she's into O gauge when you say 'trains are a big thing for her' do you?  :D
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: fatso on July 08, 2015, 04:36:13 PM
:-[Clumsy is when you paint the cat head sky blue, murdering by electrocution 4  goldfish and electrocuted  cat with 16volts  believe  me the list goes on.mike

Being a pet in your house seems a hazardous business Mike!

Greg.  ::)
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

fatso

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on July 08, 2015, 08:52:23 PM
Quote from: fatso on July 08, 2015, 04:36:13 PM

Being a pet in your house seems a hazardous business Mike!

Greg.  ::)

Spent weeks in Dog  house and had to at the time explain to my 10 year old and his 35  class mates how I managed to kill his fish

fatso

Remember guys what written on here  stays on here Wifey know nothing about cat being painted sky blue ,mike

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations