Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL, zwilnik and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

austinbob

Quote from: Sprintex on August 26, 2016, 07:45:58 PM
Quote from: austinbob on August 26, 2016, 07:29:54 PM
Quote from: Oldman on August 26, 2016, 06:13:13 PM
Fed up with this hot weather, have had a visit to A&E due to breathing problems on Wednesday,
Been told by the Gp and respiratory team at the hospital to take it easy and not do anything strenuous once the temp gets over 26°or I shall be back in A&E on oxygen.
Not good because of the impending home move.
So sorry to hear that Oldman. But with a bit of luck the British weather will be back to the normal chill and buckets of rain soon...
:beers:

Here's hoping!

Flippin' sick of this heat now  >:(

Paul
Typical Brit Paul... Complain if its too cold and also if its too hot.
So what is the ideal Brit temperature???
:D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Sprintex

Quote from: austinbob on August 26, 2016, 08:17:43 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on August 26, 2016, 07:45:58 PM
Quote from: austinbob on August 26, 2016, 07:29:54 PM
Fed up with this hot weather, have had a visit to A&E due to breathing problems on Wednesday,
Been told by the Gp and respiratory team at the hospital to take it easy and not do anything strenuous once the temp gets over 26°or I shall be back in A&E on oxygen.
So sorry to hear that Oldman. But with a bit of luck the British weather will be back to the normal chill and buckets of rain soon...
:beers:

Here's hoping!

Flippin' sick of this heat now  >:(

Paul
Typical Brit Paul... Complain if its too cold and also if its too hot.
So what is the ideal Brit temperature???
:D

Not me, I NEVER complain about it being cold. Would rather it was 2 degrees C than 22! ;)

Paul

Buffin

Ideal temperature? Colder if it's hot, and hotter if it's cold  :doh:

joe cassidy

With all these complaints about the heat it beats me how the Brits managed to conquer so many hot countries.

I doubt if they would be able to do it again today  :)

Best regards,

Joe
(in Paris, 35°C)

Yet_Another

It was mostly the Scots. They wore skirts. ;D
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Agrippa

Quote from: Yet_Another on August 27, 2016, 03:51:56 PM
It was mostly the Scots. They wore skirts. ;D

They were in the sporran legion...... ;D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

steve836

Yes and they kilt a few foreigners in the process
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

jonclox

:doh: :searchingsign:
Take care my friend.  Once A&E get theiir hands firmly on its  agony to get away fron them
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

paulprice

Is it just me, but am I the only one that thinks model shops that don't clearly price their stock are a little off the wicket

port perran

Quote from: paulprice on September 03, 2016, 08:21:30 PM
Is it just me, but am I the only one that thinks model shops that don't clearly price their stock are a little off the wicket
Anyone high streetshop, market stall, internet trader or whoever else who doesn't clearly price things or worse still doesn't price it at all gets no business from me.
If they can't show a price then I assume they are overcharging and go no further.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

paulprice

Quote from: port perran on September 03, 2016, 08:30:02 PM
Anyone high streetshop, market stall, internet trader or whoever else who doesn't clearly price things or worse still doesn't price it at all gets no business from me.
If they can't show a price then I assume they are overcharging and go no further.
Exactly I'm not saying who, but I will not be going to Bideford again to visit the shop

Papyrus

It needn't all be bad news. About 18 months ago my (then) fiancee swallowed her principles and ventured into a dress shop in Brighton that didn't display any prices. She came out with her wedding dress!!

Chris

Newportnobby

Quote from: Crooked Spire on September 03, 2016, 09:38:44 PM

Its so they can keep putting up prices each time the manufacturer does even though its old stock.

That's only the same as shops stocking up on ciggies just before a Budget - not illegal but not cricket either :no:

red_death

a Farish  loco listed online that is higher than the RRP has ever been.

An RRP is just that a recommendation - a shop is free to set its own price at whatever level they deem appropriate.  If they are too expensive then presumably they won't sell (or at least until they are the only place left to buy it!).

paulprice

Its so they can keep putting up prices each time the manufacturer does even though its old stock. Certainly one of the Bideford models shops does this. They have a Farish  loco listed online that is higher than the RRP has ever been.

Colin

I think you and I are thinking of the same place, still I found a great model shop in Barnstable, spending a week in SR territory had no effect on me though.....

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations