Contributions from the other half...

Started by lionwing, July 16, 2013, 10:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

Quote from: daveg on July 22, 2013, 02:55:21 PM
Here's wishing you many, many more happy hours, Caz,  with your trains and terrific layout before you decide to hand it over.

:beers:

Dave G

I'll second that. I caught up with your layout thread for the first time today, having only joined the forum in the spring. The layout looks absolutely fantastic, and will be a great source of encouragement to me when I can begin building my own layout (next year, probably).

:thumbsup:

Bealman

Wot he said. It's a terrific layout. Isn't yours the one with the smoke units in the tunnels? A fantastic idea!

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Caz

Yes it is the one with smoke generators in the tunnels George, well remembered, see second pic down in this link http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=6570.msg74923#msg74923
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

I was impressed when I first saw that, and it is awesomely great.

But thank heavens I ain't got Smellyvision... real steam smells? I think not!

But there again, the usual smoke juice stench.....

Any chance of Chanel No 5?

GeeBee

I think I must be very lucky my other half not only has taken on all the scenic work on our layout but positively encourages me to enjoy all my railway based hobbies her favorite occupation is hanging out of a carriage window with a casmcorder in her hand

EtchedPixels

Quote from: GeeBee on July 23, 2013, 12:19:56 PM
I think I must be very lucky my other half not only has taken on all the scenic work on our layout but positively encourages me to enjoy all my railway based hobbies her favorite occupation is hanging out of a carriage window with a casmcorder in her hand

Grumble.

My least favourite occupation on a heritage railway was yelling at people hanging out of windows with camcorders 8)

I think that Young Ones episode needs to be shown more often ;-)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

GeeBee

As she is only 5ft tall hanging out of a window is not feasible in the true sense but you get my meaning

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: C'mon, don't stop now, guys - keep it going!  :thumbsup: ;D ;D

Personally I would only have an issue if I was caught on vid hanging out the window meself, cos it would probably mean I was being pushed! Throw DaDa off the train!  ;D

daveg

Think I mentioned I've been promised proper railway space once we've moved.

'Ideally a shed, away from the house, solar powered, no need for heating but with a walkie-talkie so I can check what's for supper'

No, that's not what I've asked for; that's what I've been threatened told to expect!  :worried:

Mind you ........  :hmmm:

EtchedPixels

And a little LGB garden train to deliver it from house to shed ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

daveg

Quote from: EtchedPixels on July 23, 2013, 03:57:04 PM
And a little LGB garden train to deliver it from house to shed ?

:claphappy:  :D

Dave G

Oldman

Quote from: daveg on July 23, 2013, 02:29:42 PM

'Ideally a shed, away from the house, solar powered, no need for heating but with a walkie-talkie so I can check what's for supper'

No, that's not what I've asked for; that's what I've been threatened told to expect!  :worried:

Camp bed under the layout for those doghouse moments :-X
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

mereman

Quote from: Oldman on July 23, 2013, 05:13:45 PM
Quote from: daveg on July 23, 2013, 02:29:42 PM

Camp bed under the layout for those doghouse moments :-X

Is there anywhere else to sleep?
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

Bealman

Why is everyone talking about my bedroom?

Oldman

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations