Rugby World Cup Japan 2019

Started by Bealman, September 21, 2019, 01:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Just watched the opening ceremony of the Rugby World Cup in Japan. Didn't understand a bit of it, but I was impressed nevertheless!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

forgot it was on, shows how much airplay it is getting in Melbourne, especially as it is the last couple of weeks of AFL for the year.

Bealman

port perran

I love and thoroughly enjoy nearly all sport but rugby, I'm sorry to say, leaves me completely cold.
I've tried several times to get into it but it just doesn't do it for me so the World Cup will pass me by.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

I never bothered with it either for years, until the early naughties when I became a director of a local workers club. Directors had to do a regular night on duty, and I started watching it out of boredom.

I'm still not a huge fan, but if I'm having a beer and it's on, I'll happily watch it. Some of my Aussie mates are fanatical about it!!

Lawrence

Quote from: Bealman on September 21, 2019, 07:30:54 AM
I never bothered with it either for years, until the early naughties when I became a director of a local workers club. Directors had to do a regular night on duty, and I started watching it out of boredom.

I'm still not a huge fan, but if I'm having a beer and it's on, I'll happily watch it. Some of my Aussie mates are fanatical about it!!

I got up at 5am to watch the Aussie v Fiji game, Aussies dodged a bullet there, got away with that one and certainly should of had at least one player carded.
(I didn't intentionally get up to watch it, my back was so painful I couldn't sleep  ;) )

Bealman

weave

Hi all,

Not a huge fan but played at school and will keep an eye later when it gets more interesting. Also looking forward to more banter on here as we go, always amusing  :thumbsup:.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

OK, here's some....

I just watched the end of an AFL game, no idea of what's going on, but Western Sydney made it into the grand final.

Eat that, Victoria!  >:D

Graham

every Victorian who doesn't support Collingwood was happy with the result. :P :P

Bealman

Ah well, Aussies just suffered heart breaking loss to Wales.

Hopes of topping pool almost gone.  :(

Might have to jump on the England fence now  ;D ;)

TrevL

Quote from: Bealman on September 29, 2019, 10:48:57 AM
Might have to jump on the England fence now  ;D ;)

Why not choose the Wales fence?
Two reasons, 1. we beat you, 2. we have the same ratio of sheep to people (3:1)
:smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

Well, we just killed Uraquay. Just watching England and Argentina taking to the field now.  :thumbsup:

Bealman

England 15, Argentina 3 at half time.

Go the Poms!  ;)

Tank

Yes, really enjoyed the game and that result!   :D  The Japanese are doing very well themselves.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations