what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

AndyGif

Well mines finally back up and working. Still got  to clean a lot of the point blades to make sure they all carry juice. Once everything is clean I'll start to put the scenary back on. Still loads left to do before Gloster Central is completed.

findus

Just making space for some new bits from tings tomorrow!  ;D the list of things is massive just hope the money jar will allow.

mostly need point motors and switching units.. and the odd loco  :D

OwL

With all the inspiration i have seen yesterday, Im gonna be Road laying and ballasting more of my layout today :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Fratton

Charlie.

Newportnobby

A very necessary evil that I have yet to face :'(
Anybody got a spare Lilliputian permanent way gang?

Jellicoe

Re-working the wiring diagram after deciding to fit a couple more points after deciding I needed a carriage siding after discovering the layout is 3 inches too long!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jellicoe on September 12, 2011, 06:01:44 PM
Re-working the wiring diagram after deciding to fit a couple more points after deciding I needed a carriage siding after discovering the layout is 3 inches too long!

Doh! I hate it when tht happens :thumbsdown:

Dock Shunter

Point Failure on Smithy Lane...... :o
Local fruit farmers are feeling quite irate today as point failure has left their produce stuck in sidings
and unable to be moved by rail....
Work is being carried out to replace the faulty point and should be complete by the end of the afternoon.
Passengers using the hourly DMU service should be advised there will be no disruption to their journey. :thumbsup:

sawyerm1982

Quote from: Fratton on September 12, 2011, 03:32:07 PM

Rusty rails!!!!!

Hey Fratton

What are you using to do your rusty rails?? looking good there sir!

Ive been installing the first overhead posts and wires on mine using the fabulous nbrass portals plus a few home made ones and european knitting - all soldered together and seeming very strong! with ballast and rusty rail paint still to go but access is good due to all fortunately being on a low city centre viaduct.

Mike

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dock Shunter on September 22, 2011, 01:01:25 PM
Point Failure on Smithy Lane...... :o

Work is being carried out to replace the faulty point and should be complete by the end of the afternoon.

Quicker than the real thing, then ;D :thumbsup:

Fratton

The rusty rails paint is humbrol rust colour with brown to tone it down a bit as it tends to look a bit salmon pink,,,,
Charlie.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: newportnobby on September 22, 2011, 01:47:32 PM

;D :thumbsup:
           Definitely quicker than the real thing Mick....and there is only one man on the job........
           Best keep that quiet though or some of these permanent way guys will find themselves
           out of work........   

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dock Shunter on September 22, 2011, 03:16:41 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on September 22, 2011, 01:47:32 PM

;D :thumbsup:
           Definitely quicker than the real thing Mick....and there is only one man on the job........
           Best keep that quiet though or some of these permanent way guys will find themselves
           out of work........   
Not sure if elf 'n' safety allows you to work on your own so I suggest you rope in Jack Daniels or Jim Beam as helpers :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations