So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Quote from: stevewalker on March 23, 2020, 10:32:06 PM
Quote from: Bealman on March 23, 2020, 10:27:39 PM
Yes, there are still a lot of people here ignoring the isolation measures. I see this as the biggest problem here at the moment.

Still, they've closed the pubs, clubs, cinemas, footy, etc which will undoubtedly help. Plus there's the added bonus that it'll save me a heap of money!

Strangely, they've allowed hairdressers to remain open!  ???

You can't cut somebody's hair from 1.5m away!!

Yes you can: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8073373/Hairdressers-use-metre-long-brushes-serve-customers-avoid-catching-coronavirus.html

My flabber is ghasted  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Having been working from home for the past 5 years or so, and been very much otherwise tied to domestic by a small but very active child, so far my lifestyle changes have been minimal...

Graham

have decided not to go to my local model rail club working day tomorrow, dont think anyone else will be there, given i am the youngest at 65 who attend the Wed working day, so will have to devote the day to working on my own layout.

Bealman

Nowt wrong with that! I was out in the garage this morning and actually assessed the situation on mine for the first time in probably 12 months!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Platy767

Today is the first time I have intentionally missed Tuesday golf in a very long time.

Read some Selwyn Hughes and listened to some Hans Zimmer.

Stay safe, stay sane and stay at home.

Mark

chrism

Quote from: Bealman on March 23, 2020, 10:27:39 PM
Strangely, they've allowed hairdressers to remain open!  ???

You can't cut somebody's hair from 1.5m away!!

There's always these;

>:D

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: chrism on March 24, 2020, 06:48:44 AM
There's always these;

Useful for careful trimming of all sorts of "hard to reach" hair, one imagines :worried:

ntpntpntp

Quote from: DarrwestLU6 on March 23, 2020, 10:51:11 PM
Quote from: ntpntpntp on March 23, 2020, 06:29:56 PM

Great photo! Is that a scitar?

Nope, 8 string extended range bass guitar.    My lad plays death metal in one of his bands, and funk/party in another!   The more strings the better as far as he's concerned: if lefty versions of the outlandish 15 string basses you can find on the net were easily available/affordable he'd be ordering one!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

AndyRA

If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

Newportnobby

Quote from: Invicta Alec on March 23, 2020, 07:17:14 PM
At 69 years and 7 months old I'm under the age limit - just! Combine that however with my triple bypass operation in 2018 then I'm classifying myself as vulnerable!
Haven't been outside for eight days until this morning whereupon I had to pop my repeat prescription into the local doctors surgery.

@Invicta Alec
I'm 3 years shy of the '3 score years and ten' and had a triple bypass in 2016. If my meds reduce my immune system then I might be 'vulnerable' but I don't consider myself such at the moment.
I have to shop tomorrow so will be running the gauntlet at Tesco if they have anything on the shelves, but have been self isolated for almost 10 days now. My prescriptions are ordered on line using...........
https://app.patientaccess.com/login

My local pharmacy does deliver but, whilever I can I'll collect and leave the service for those far more needy then me.
Have only seen relatives through windows and haven't hugged Mum in 10 days :(

I've loads of reading material, masses of railway DVDs and something called the N Gauge Forum to keep me occupied :) :) :)

dannyboy

I quite like self isolating - I have been doing it since I retired 15 months ago. I have to take Louisa to and from work every day, (Monday to Friday), she works in what would be called in the UK a small supermarket, so we are okay when it comes to getting bits of shopping. I have curtailed my trips out every week, especially as my favourite place for a bit of breakfast, Coffey's', is shut "until further notice" - missing the weekly toast and coffee is bad enough, but, I can not get us our weekly treat of strawberry tarts!  :'(. I am now only going to Carrick when I need to fill up the car, which was every 2 weeks with the Astra, but now I have got the new Toyota Hybrid, I don't know when my next trip to the garage will be. Still, the car has that many 'bells and whistles', it is going to take me a while to learn what every thing does! And I must get on with the station building!! Take care everyone.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Invicta Alec

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 24, 2020, 10:13:58 AM

My prescriptions are ordered on line using...........
https://app.patientaccess.com/login

I've loads of reading material, masses of railway DVDs and something called the N Gauge Forum to keep me occupied :) :) :)

Yes, I'm aware of the on-line ordering thingy, but I'm using my repeat prescription posting as an excuse for a little walk. It is only once every 4 weeks though. Yesterday at the surgery they had put a temporary cardboard box in the entrance foyer for prescriptions and wedged the door open. It wasn't even necessary to enter the building.

Boredom is not an issue for me either. Apart from the layout I've got my Casio music keyboard (am pretty hopeless) my chess playing computer (am reasonably good) and all my astronomy books (lifelong hobby, fabulous subject).

I'm expecting members of this forum to report rapid progress in the modelling of their layouts!

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

joe cassidy

I've been on the "rock & roll" since last year. I'm used to being "home alone" but I'm having to get used to "'er at work" becoming "'er indoors".

I spend a few hours a day looking for work on the internet, as per usual.

The local small supermarket is just across the road so I go there whenever the booze runs out.

Invicta Alec

Quote from: dannyboy on March 24, 2020, 10:47:07 AM

.............but now I have got the new Toyota Hybrid........... the car has that many 'bells and whistles', it is going to take me a while to learn what every thing does!

And I must get on with the station building!!

My Toyota Yaris is festooned with gizmos. Built in Sat.Nav, reversing camera, works out for itself when the lights should come on etc. etc. and it sits on the driveway doing precisely nothing! Its done a four mile round trip to Sainsburys in the last nine days  :(

And yes! You really must do the station building!

Alec.

You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Dorsetmike

@ntpntpntp
If he likes lots of srings why not get him a theorbo, might need a bit bigger boot on the car though ::)

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations