So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Now the power has been cut, just as I was about to make breakfast.  :veryangry:

EDIT: It lasted less than an hour, thankfully.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NinOz

Quote from online paper:
"Some people have been doing things like being told they're a positive case and going into the chemist or the supermarket on the way home." ???

Don't forget that approximately half the population has an IQ below average.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

railsquid

Sadly a global phenomenon, I just read about a Japanese family who took advantage of the school closures here to go on a holiday to ... Spain ... and they were tested on reentry to Japan but didn't want to miss their connecting flight so went home without waiting for the results of the tests, and at least one family member tested positive.

The Q

The company I work for, published  the government list of vulnerable and extremely vulnerable. They said if you have anything on it go home on full pay for the full 12week duration.  Well that's 13percent of the time till I'm due to retire,  so it's  a practice retirement for me .

Trips out, 
I'll need to go to the supermarket once a week, probably the most dangerous thing to do.

I need to go to the motorboat ten miles away to maintain the 25 batteries, but I can do that without going near anyone.

The Ben the border collie  needs his long walk, but we live out in the country side,  we rarely see anyone on the normal route.

I may go to the MRC again as last time it was just me there.

At home I have work to do:
on the railway shed, finishing the  workshop end.
Garage,  rewiring it, the previous owners put sockets in the lighting circuit!!!
The sailing boat, rebuilding it, 
Plus the usual backlog of house and garden maintenance to do.

Now the frost has cleared time to put the overalls on.

Bealman

Good luck with it all!

I agree that going to the supermarket is probably the worst thing. I went to our local yesterday and felt pretty uneasy. In fact, we're looking at home delivery.

At least us modellers have got plenty to occupy ourselves with. You've got your boat as well, and I've got Arduino  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Made a shopping trip to Tescos at 07.15 this morning. In the main store there was no bread, no milk and no loo rolls. They supposedly restock the shelves at night and limit everyone to 2 items of all products so I can only deduce they are not receiving 'normal' deliveries. Then went to their petrol station to fill up and found, in the payment office 2 x 4pts milk so I snaffled one (I'm not greedy)
I now have to take Mum what I could get her from her list and then bang myself up at home again until shopping calls again.

exmouthcraig

Well we recieved the news this morning that our feed companies are closing the doors, mainly because they are run by over 70yo and their staff have all refused to come to work, sensible decision or not I dont know.

This has meant that we have been on the phone to them for 40mins working out what stock they have left and what's available to us.

I am now emptying the trailer to get there for my allocated loading time of 11.15. Managed to get 4 pallets of bits and pieces so we hope that it's enough to see us through  :-\

The other thing is, I have ended up with so much time with not a great deal to do with it. This is a situation I have NEVER been in, theres plenty of stuff that doesnt get done because I don't have the time but by 11 o'clock yesterday I was bored and couldn't believe that it was ONLY 11am. It's hard work making things last, all the snigs of jobs, gates not swinging right, catches not working, water troughs over flowing all sorted.

At 16.30 rather then shove the muck heap up I actually emptied every trace of it, even sweeping the tops of the concrete walls off, the barns are well stocked and tidy, think I'll be cleaning the tractors today!!!!

4hrs of work have already been done, the suns up early at the moment so its nice to be up and about at 5.30. The roads are unbelievably quiet and it's almost like a summer sunday.

It's a very strange world. No traffic drone, no aircraft overhead and very few horn pips from the trains over the crossings.

Newportnobby

Quote from: exmouthcraig on March 25, 2020, 09:50:26 AM

It's a very strange world. No traffic drone, no aircraft overhead and very few horn pips from the trains over the crossings.

The whole thing is very much like a science fiction film. In Leyland it's maybe not as noticeable as, rush hours apart, our roads are not hugely busy but I can imagine in any of our cities (providing self isolation is being observed correctly) the difference is enormous.

chrism

Quote from: exmouthcraig on March 25, 2020, 09:50:26 AM
think I'll be cleaning the tractors today!!!!

Flippin' 'eck, you MUST be bored  :D

exmouthcraig

Not at all, one of the finest fleets of John Deeres in Leicestershire  :D

4 to go !!!!!

Bealman

Now that is one uber cool tractor. :thumbsup:

exmouthcraig

Got a bigger better one than that George!!! She might get photoed later.

This is the flagship of the fleet!!!

This is as she rolled off the truck, we were a bit wet and he couldn't get up to the shed so I had to drive her, hence the muddy wheels before even 3hrs on the clock!!!!

TrevL

Oxford have done a real good job with that one, it is N Gauge I assume? :smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

dannyboy

Quote from: TrevL on March 25, 2020, 12:47:12 PM
Oxford have done a real good job with that one, it is N Gauge I assume? :smiley-laughing:

It is very detailed - do the lights work?  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

maninfreo

Hi everybody, not sure if I am in the right section but just wanted to wish everyone best wishes and hope that none of you succumb to the virus and that the repercussions are minimal for you. Our train club has shut its doors to protect us as we are all getting on in years and duty of care flags are waving. Unsure about how long this situation will last but take care all of you and will speak again soon.
Cheers
Steve from downunder. :beers:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations