Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

I've been retired 10 months today.
I retired at 62 (now I'm 63) and I'm loving every moment of it.
:)

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

I officially retired at 58 but never really finished up until two years ago.

Strangely I don't spend a lot of time on my layout even though I very much want to. Mind you, I travel a lot.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ted

Productive weekend for me, I managed to squeeze a zimo sound and minnow speaker in to my Farish 08 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00SaUy9LEW4

Slight slow running/pick-up issue to resolve.
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

Bealman

Cool! :thumbsup:

But the video ran out beginning to move!  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ted

Quote from: Bealman on September 03, 2018, 11:31:28 AM

Yeah it's just on 12 inch of test track and it has a pickup issue, keeps cutting out. :(

Did this from new, so I need to work out how to align the wheel pickups better. It only happens at low speed (under 12/126).
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

paulprice

Quote from: Ted on September 03, 2018, 11:39:24 AM
Quote from: Bealman on September 03, 2018, 11:31:28 AM

Yeah it's just on 12 inch of test track and it has a pickup issue, keeps cutting out. :(

Did this from new, so I need to work out how to align the wheel pickups better. It only happens at low speed (under 12/126).

If you have any Dapol stock that have the yellow foam in the box, cut it into smaller chunks and its a very very good track cleaner.

Bob Tidbury

Yes Paulprice  ,  I use that foam on a long thin stick  to give the track in my tunnel a good clean  every so often but I use a Ten Commandments track cleaner for the rest ,then a graphite stick after that especially on points ,if you scrape some between the blades of the points it helps continuity.and helps to stop short locos stalling.
Bob Tidbury

GroupC

Happy-ish cos I found a crisp new tenner in the street yesterday while going to work.

Happened a couple of months ago with a fiver too... just lying there despite the breeze.

And when I had a job working outside last year a further crisp new fiver fluttered from a cyclist's bag right at my feet (I did shout after her but she carried on!).

Life is certainly not all about money but these little windfalls help.

And as it seems I may have lucky money-finding abilities, anyone who wants to visit and walk around York with me is welcome to do so... but I must charge a small fee for the privilege.

Fardap

With a huge sigh of relief I got a call from the Land Rover dealer yesterday to say the Land Rover had authorised replacement of the failed engine of my Discovery!
This is a £15-£20k repair apparently and as it is a 'known issue' the extended warranty I took out would NOT cover it so it was down to LR doing the right thing...

Thankfully they did and I am much relieved. Will be about another 4 weeks before I get it back, but a 58,000 mile vehicle from new will have a 0mile engine in it... was going to trade in might not now for a couple more years...
:claphappy:

TrevL

Quote from: Fardap on September 20, 2018, 03:42:24 PM
With a huge sigh of relief I got a call from the Land Rover dealer yesterday to say the Land Rover had authorised replacement of the failed engine of my Discovery!
This is a £15-£20k repair apparently and as it is a 'known issue' the extended warranty I took out would NOT cover it so it was down to LR doing the right thing...

Thankfully they did and I am much relieved. Will be about another 4 weeks before I get it back, but a 58,000 mile vehicle from new will have a 0mile engine in it... was going to trade in might not now for a couple more years...
:claphappy:

Good news indeed, but I'd be asking why an extended warranty that I'd bought and paid for didn't cover a failed engine, no matter whether it was a known problem or not.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Fardap

Good news indeed, but I'd be asking why an extended warranty that I'd bought and paid for didn't cover a failed engine, no matter whether it was a known problem or not.

Basically the warranty is a third party underwritten one that LR provide access to at the end of the manufacture warranty, as LR have said that failure is a known failure then the warranty people say they should recall or fix on their own dollar... which they are doing, however, I have heard of instances where they only offer to contribute not do it 100%.

Maybe if you didn't have FSH from dealer I guess

daffy

It´ll be in the small print

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

themadhippy

Booking holiday flights and buying a prepaid credit card has made me very happy, January 2019 i will mainly be in Laos :bounce:
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Trainfish

Post modified due to unsuitable content

In 8 days time I will be snorkelling in Hurghada for a week!

Sorry Bealman, I thought it would be ok. I will now go and stand in the corner for an hour  :-[
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Fardap

Quote from: daffy on September 20, 2018, 05:29:41 PM

It´ll be in the small print

:D
Indeed!!
LR have authorised 100% funding so happy days  :bounce:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations