Free photographic backscene

Started by Bealman, March 22, 2024, 04:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I feel a bit guilty starting a new thread about this, but I've just come out of the local newsagent, and they have the January 2024 Railway Modeller sitting on the shelf.

It boasts a free photographic backscene, but of course it's in a sealed bag. I assume it'll be scaled to OO, knowing the flavour of the mag.

Has anyone got one? Could it be used with N? It's only because I thought about buying it  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

Quote from: Bealman on March 22, 2024, 04:09:31 AMI feel a bit guilty starting a new thread about this, but I've just come out of the local newsagent, and they have the January 2024 Railway Modeller sitting on the shelf.

It boasts a free photographic backscene, but of course it's in a sealed bag. I assume it'll be scaled to OO, knowing the flavour of the mag.

Had anyone got one? Could it be used with N? It's only because I thought about buying it  ;)
hi George

The backscene will be fine if you intend to use it or just admire it. They are designed for many scales.

Bealman

Train Waiting

I've got them and I think they will be fine for 'N' gauge.  I might use one for the micro layout I'm building.  I arranged the dimensions of the layout accordingly.

All the very best.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Newportnobby

I binned it 'cos it's full of creases and I didn't fancy ironing it ::)
If I buy a printed backscene it has to be rolled up like the iD ones are.

Bealman

I'm not that fussy, Mick ;)  ;D 

You could have sent it to me if you didn't want it  ;D

Gordon

I have found it very useful. I will be using mine as a backscene to a Swiss layout (!) in conjunction with a portion of an ID backscene that is mostly conifer trees (and is also actually in the UK!

As for the folds, they are hardly a problem IMO, as many layout backdrops are split across baseboards anyway   
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations