New N Gauge Youtube Channel

Started by REFaust, April 29, 2011, 11:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REFaust

Hi All

For reviews, guides, news etc. check out my new youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ngaugeuk?feature=mhum

Please comment or make requests either here or on youtube. I know I'm not a natural performer but I felt youtube was lacking a channel dedicated to uk outline n gauge. More videos will be uploaded soon (provided of course there's sufficient interest  ;D )

Cheers

R E Faust

:Class31: :NGFWagonTour:

jonclox

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

anselm

A really excellent idea.  I look forward to seeing more in due course.

Ian

REFaust

Thanks for the encouragement  :) More videos should be up soon. In the meantime I've added a review of the  :Dapol: telescopic hood wagons.  :thumbsup:

R E Faust

:Class37:

quinntopia

I've been enjoying your videos!  Great stuff!  Have you thought about creating a pod cast with your videos?  There are too few video podcasts on model railways on itunes and this would be great material to be able to enjoy in an iPod or similar device.  I don't always find YouTube the most relaxing way of watching videos!

BTW...One of the podcasts I enjoy is Model Rail Radio,  search on Itunes and it should come up.  Does anyone have any British themed podcasts they can recommend?

(Sorry RE for hijacking your post a bit!)

REFaust

Quote from: quinntopia on May 05, 2011, 05:48:47 AM
I've been enjoying your videos!  Great stuff!  Have you thought about creating a pod cast with your videos?  There are too few video podcasts on model railways on itunes and this would be great material to be able to enjoy in an iPod or similar device.  I don't always find YouTube the most relaxing way of watching videos!

BTW...One of the podcasts I enjoy is Model Rail Radio,  search on Itunes and it should come up.  Does anyone have any British themed podcasts they can recommend?

(Sorry RE for hijacking your post a bit!)

Thanks for the kind words.

No, I hadn't thought of that, could be a very good suggestion. If you have any advice please message me. I'm assuming I can do a podcast with pictures?

R E Faust   

:Class37:

bluedepot

how about instructional / educational videos on building an n gauge railway, useful tips, reviews of useful products for scenary, electronics, buildings etc. etc.

review some continental trains as well maybe?

anyway nice videos...

best wishes

tim

REFaust

Quote from: bluedepot on May 05, 2011, 06:25:27 PM
how about instructional / educational videos on building an n gauge railway, useful tips, reviews of useful products for scenary, electronics, buildings etc. etc.

review some continental trains as well maybe?

anyway nice videos...

best wishes

tim

Good suggestions, thanks. I'll try and organise some more along those lines.

I have this (probably) mad idea of trying in the future to develop the channel and get occasional guest reviewers, from here and elsewhere, to cover a wider range of subjects. I don't know quite how tricky it would be or whether anyone would be willing to help out but it would make it easier to cover more bases.

R E Faust

:Class31:

quinntopia

QuoteGood suggestions, thanks. I'll try and organise some more along those lines.

I have this (probably) mad idea of trying in the future to develop the channel and get occasional guest reviewers, from here and elsewhere, to cover a wider range of subjects. I don't know quite how tricky it would be or whether anyone would be willing to help out but it would make it easier to cover more bases.

R E Faust

Again, a really cool idea!  I'm not sure how you add a podcast to itunes...there must be submission guidelines somewhere.  But to answer your question, yes, there are 'video' podcasts!  :)

zwilnik

Quote from: quinntopia on May 06, 2011, 09:20:47 AM

Again, a really cool idea!  I'm not sure how you add a podcast to itunes...there must be submission guidelines somewhere.  But to answer your question, yes, there are 'video' podcasts!  :)

How to add a podcast to iTunes

http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html

REFaust

Quote from: Zwilnik on May 06, 2011, 10:21:40 AM
Quote from: quinntopia on May 06, 2011, 09:20:47 AM

How to add a podcast to iTunes

http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look over the weekend and see what I can do  :beers:

R E Faust

:Class31:

quinntopia

I hope that works out RE!  Having watched your videos on YouTube, its content that seems like it would be a great fit as an Itunes video podcast!  Good luck!

D306Whistler

Thats a great channel you have made there buddy, your reviews are very useful and informative :thumbsup:. As I review model railways myself, I try to cover all major aspects that what the model has in features. But the quality of your videos is far superior to mine as at the moment I use a standard resolution camera :D.

Do you have any CJM models? As I would like to see some reviews of their locomotives like the Class 89 "Avocet" and the Class 92 "Dyson", I would love to review these models myself, but due to not having a spare £450 on me. I will have to take a pass on this idea at the moment :'(.
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

REFaust

Quote from: D306Whistler on May 11, 2011, 12:29:26 PM
Thats a great channel you have made there buddy, your reviews are very useful and informative :thumbsup:. As I review model railways myself, I try to cover all major aspects that what the model has in features. But the quality of your videos is far superior to mine as at the moment I use a standard resolution camera :D.

Do you have any CJM models? As I would like to see some reviews of their locomotives like the Class 89 "Avocet" and the Class 92 "Dyson", I would love to review these models myself, but due to not having a spare £450 on me. I will have to take a pass on this idea at the moment :'(.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. I've just been watching your review of the Hornby GNER HST and thought it was really comprehensive. It's great to see Japanese and European outline being reviewed too.  :thumbsup:

I don't have anything from CJM, like you they're a little beyond my means  :smiley-laughing: but you never know in the future..maybe they'll send me something to review  ;D Without divulging too many secrets reviews coming up next will be the Farish Jubilee, Dapol Class 58, Class 153 and more  :thumbsup:

R E Faust

:Class31: :Carriage:

D306Whistler

I think to be honest, the only CJM model I would be most likely to review would be a Class 92 when I get round to buying one. Would probably consider a Class 59 in National Power livery, but thats a distant dream ;).

I chosen to cover the Japanese and European rolling stock as my layout, even though its Japanese. I have visitor trains from other parts of the continent that make a regular appearence ;). Just some valuable information and an anti-poaching tactic, its best to keep the rolling stock and train reviews classified until you have compiled the final video and its about to go live. This way you can be among the first reviewer to cover the pros and cons of that piece of rolling stock before someone else ;). Though do keep up with the great reviews and that Tomix Schauffenburg coupling tutorial is a very valuable asset to me as I am going to be fitting my Dapol and Farish MkIII's with them to improve coupling reliability. Also the Farish DMU's that I am planning to obtain will undergo the same treatment.

Thanks
Ash

:Class89::NGFWagonTour::NGFWagonTour::NGFWagonTour::NGFWagonTour::NGFWagonTour:
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations