Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Good news @dannyboy  . :thumbsup:

And don't worry about what you'll do in retirement. :no:

All too soon you will be wandering around some giant supermarket, looking up and down the aisles and at the checkout queues, wondering where on Earth your other half has got to! :goggleeyes:

Mine goes 'missing' in Tesco's on a regular basis when we're out shopping together.  Soon find your days filled with such exciting  ;) pastimes. :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

Quote from: daffy on October 24, 2018, 11:47:53 AM
looking up and down the aisles and at the checkout queues, wondering where on Earth your other half has got to!

That happens now @daffy ! Every second Saturday, we go over the border into Enniskillen - bit of breakfast, look round the shops and then on to Asda. The number of times I have said that I will meet SWMBO at the end of a particular aisle. When I eventually find her, she is stood at the end of the aisle, but round the corner! When I get to her, she says, in all innocence, "where have you been?" Aaargh!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

cycletrak9

Within six months you will wonder how you ever found time to work!

Best wishes for a long and happy retirement

Mike

MalcolmInN

Mine goes 'missing' in Tesco's on a regular basis when we're out shopping together.  Soon find your days filled with such exciting  ;) pastimes. :D
I can tell you are all beginners at this retirement lark , ,  what you do is 'sit' guard at the Tesco exit, one of the "Railway Detective " books helps as well.

dannyboy

Quote from: MalcolmInN on October 24, 2018, 07:53:26 PM
one of the "Railway Detective " books helps as well.

Excellent series of books. I also like the 'Bow Street Rivals' and 'Elizabethan Mystery' series - good reads with believable characters.  :thumbsup:
David.

daffy

Quote from: MalcolmInN on October 24, 2018, 07:53:26 PM
I can tell you are all beginners at this retirement lark , ,  what you do is 'sit' guard at the Tesco exit, one of the "Railway Detective " books helps as well.

Hmmnnnnn.......  :hmmm:

It's imperative that I keep tabs on SWMBO when she's food shopping.

If I don't she might end up buying me some of that new-fangled healthy stuff! :o
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

guest311

not sure if this is the right thread, but wth  ;D

SWMBO had a recurrence of her breathing problems, and I had to ring for an ambulance...
so saturday evening, about 20:30 it's going to be a long wait, right ?

NO !

by 21.00 an ambulance with us, having had to turn back twice due to closed / flooded roads, and as previously a pair of SUPER people.

got her on O2, not the mobile phone lot, the gas in a cylinder, checked her out, and decided to take her to A&E. really calming and not in the slightest rushed.

took her off, and after I'd advised daughters, settled dogs, packed her a bag, followed.

A&E were great, if busy, and I finally left about 01:30.

sunday she was in a ward, having been moved up about 03:30, and doing much better.

usual visiting etc, and this morning made the necessary call to the ambulance trust to express my gratitude to their crew.

during the conversation with the lady taking the commendation, it turned out that her husband was at the same depot as I, at the same time, when I worked on the AA.

small world.

SWMBO is doing well, and hopefully will be out in a couple of days, with a goody bag of meds.

so, all in all, this is the right place  :)

daveg

Scary moments but really good to hear the end  :thumbsup:result.

Dave G

Skyline2uk

An admirable attitude in adverse circumstances.

Do please pass on best wishes to your wife.

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

That's great news she's doing well. Having been on the receiving end I always say the hands on folks are wonderful, sadly let down by office wallahs IMHO.

daffy

Three cheers for the front line NHS staff! :thumbsup:

And here's a raised glass or two to the rapid recovery of your good lady! :beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

Glad things turned out well and as has been said, it's the people on the front line who need to be congratulated.  :thumbsup:
David.

guest311

SWMBO discharged yesterday, so all OK  :thumbsup:

usual goody bag of various meds etc, and due to see the GP as soon as we can get her an appointment.

all in all, a great outcome, thanks for your good wishes, duly passed on, and a big thank you to the front line staff, as always.

Trainfish

Offered a new job today and I start on Wednesday. Got an instant pay rise of £2k too when I said I had another offer elsewhere. Finally passed the £40k salary target  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations