Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well, and had a good weekend  :D

At long last my recent problems are sorted, I can get back to catching up with what my friends here have been up to, and getting back to modelling  :claphappy:

Some of you may know my income comes through letting out property, and I have had problems with one set of tenants ..... It turned out they would rather spend their money on bottles of rum than rent, so when they went a month behind I was able to evict them, which went surprisingly well.

The problem was they left the house in a really bad state  :'( :'(

It took five of us two days before the place was fit enough to get cleaners in. They did a flit leaving half opened and rotting food in the kitchen, shitty clothes and broken furniture, and personal stuff of a very dubious nature all over the place.

I have spent the last couple of months clearing out crap, completely redecorating, fitting a new kitchen, new carpets, ( the one they had downstairs was literally stuck down with wee from a dog they should not have had ) but all is now well.

The place looks lovely now, all the hardwork has paid off, and when the first set of prospective tenants viewed the house, within an hour they had put up the deposit and a months rent up front  :claphappy: :laugh: :claphappy:

They are a mother and daughter, both working, non smokers, no pets ........ and they make cakes  :D :D :D

They moved in last week, and after me just doing a couple of little things like putting a couple of extra shelves up, and some brackets for hanging baskets all is hunky dory, and when they signed themselves in, they paid another five months rent up front  :thumbsup:

This makes me very happy, I must be careful I don't blow it all on cider and trains  ;D

So now the last few months of hard work, expense and worry are over. The new tenants seem great, and will treat what I have done with respect. And I can get back to modelling after what seems an age  :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

Gotta catch up with what has been happening here, sort out my modelling room, and finally get Windmill Hill finished and start something new  :D ;) :D

All best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

dannyboy

I am glad things are finally coming together Kevin. And nice to have trustworthy tenants.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

I'm so pleased that things are now sorted Kevin.
The way some people live and behave is completely beyond me but at least you seem to have some decent folk in your property now.
I'm looking forward to seeing Windmill Hill again and also your  new project.

Go careful with that cider  :beers:

Martin

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Excellent news, Kevin, and I'm glad things are back to 'normal' now.

Bealman

Congratulations, Joe!

Good news, Kevin. I have an agent manage my property and they do all the maintenance checks, etc. They have a set of tradesmen on their books, and any work needing doing I leave up to them to organise and it comes out of the rent. They also screen prospective tennants, so the whole thing is pretty transparent.

I must admit it would be cheaper to do it myself!

Anyway, I hate to say this, Kevin, but what do you mean, finish Windmill Hill? What more can you to it?!  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Phoenix

Hi All,

Thank you all for your kind comments, all is back to normal now, or at least N.F.W (Normal for Weymouth)  :D

I went through a letting agency for the new tenants. They charged a one off fee for finding them, and checked references, credit ratings, drew up the paper work, made sure the tenants had guarantors, etc etc, so all should be fine. The mother and daughter seem really nice. The mother is about my age, the daughter is 21, and quiet as a mouse, so I think everything will go well. They have paid 6 months in advance, which has really helped pay the bills to get the place nice, so I think I am lucky this time.

I need to sort the modelling room out now, and finish up Windmill Hill. I need to install the new illuminated level crossing gates, fit a lamp post in, and tidy up at the end of the station, and generally smarten things up ..... then it's done  ;) :D ;)

All best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

The Q

My dad is in Hospital with breathing Difficulties...
Why am I happy with that???

Because shortly after going in they said he'd had a heart attack in hospital..

He hadn't, they'd given him incompatible drugs which gave him heart arrhythmia.

Stop the wrong drugs, just back to breathing problems ... Which he's had for years..

Snowwolflair

Some days you just get lucky.  I went into my local hospice charity shop to see what they had new yesterday.  I always go there as it's good to support them and they have the odd book or dvd I want.

I found myself looking at an immaculate Cannon EOS100 body for £10 which I acquired.  I have had to wait until a delivery of a battery from Amazon today to see if it was a bargain or a dud, and I'm pleased to say it works perfectly.  I already have Cannon digital bodies and lenses but there are occasions it's just better to have a film camera especially for black and white to play about with processing them.

I'm going back tomorrow to see if there are any lenses as it looked like a collection had been donated.  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Now that sounds like a canny buy!  :thumbsup:

dannyboy

On Thursday 6th June I started with flu' symptoms but by that Sunday I knew it was something more - my prostate was 'playing up' again. I went to the Doctors the following day, got a weeks supply of antibiotics, a shed full of Paracetamol and the diagnosis that it was a prostate infection. The following Monday, no change, so back to the Doctors. I saw my usual Doctor this time and, after a urine test, she confirmed the earlier diagnosis together with the fact that my kidneys were involved. I got another 10 days supply of antibiotics and my twice yearly blood test brought forward to next Wednesday. So, why, you may ask, is this post in the Happy thread? Every single night since the 6th June, I have had to take 'the long (painful) walk', (read quick dash), during the night at least twice and two nights, six times!  :goggleeyes: Last night was the first night in over two weeks that I have not had to take 'the long walk'. And I am feeling a lot more human. So I am very happy.  :thumbsup: This means of course, that normal service can now resume, so look out for 'Todays Groaner'.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Glad you're feeling a lot better, David.

Sadly, now I don't feel well at all.........................

Quote from: dannyboy on June 22, 2019, 01:58:08 PM
This means of course, that normal service can now resume, so look out for 'Todays Groaner'.  :)

Bealman

Sounds like you're on the mend, David.  :thumbsup:

The antibiotics I'm currently on for me ankle have the same effect. I too enjoy the nightly walks.... on crutches!!

It's bloody cold, too! Yes, I know it's Australia, but we're in the middle of winter, and it does get cold here, especially at night.

Anyway, happy thread, so hopefully the thought of a Bealman crashing through the darkness on crutches about to wet himself raises a chuckle  ;)

Newportnobby

Unlike my car insurance which rises each year, I received my motorbike renewal and it's 17% cheaper, yes, cheaper than last year. OK, last year was my first year and therefore I have accumulated one year's no claims but I'm still a very happy bunny with that :claphappy:

tutenkhamunsleeping

Today I have learned several new words and the fact that Kato the cat likes snowballs nearly as much as SWMBO does :laugh:

emjaybee

Let me guess...

"Not now Kato!"

:D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!