what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portpatrick

What am I doing?  Experimenting with weathering - mostly locos at present.  trying various approaches.

4x2

Drawing the dotted line which i'm gonna cut 18 inches off in the morning... :evil: Don't panic - my layout is too big for the car ! :-[
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Fratton

Charlie.

Tank

Lovely bit of building there.  And the addition of graffiti looks good.

4x2

Quote from: Tank on September 02, 2011, 12:32:23 PM
Lovely bit of building there.  And the addition of graffiti looks good.
couldn't agree more ! Nicely done  :thumbsup:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Fratton

Thankyou for the kind replies, the portal I made is a scalescenes one with optional graphitti on the top,,, I gave it a few coats of artists spray varnish today and plonked it in place to see how it looked,,,,
Charlie.

Newportnobby

Still staring at the damned thing and wondering whether my track plan is the best I can come up with in a small space ??? :-\

4x2

Quote from: newportnobby on September 02, 2011, 06:24:06 PM
Still staring at the damned thing and wondering whether my track plan is the best I can come up with in a small space ??? :-\
If you're stuck, show us the plan - many heads are better than one !  :thumbsup:

Mike

Newportnobby

Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on September 02, 2011, 06:36:20 PM
If you're stuck, show us the plan - many heads are better than one !  :thumbsup:
:smiley-laughing: The plan is scattered all over the forum, but if you look in Layout Planning - The Planned layout of Newport Nobby it will give you an idea of what I'm after in more detail than the plan below which is my poor attempt at Scarm.

Tank

Wow, you've done well with that!  Plenty of tracks to switch diesels. :thumbsup: :smiley-laughing:

OwL

Mrs OwL is at work all day tomorrow. Im off down local model shop to buy new ballast & pva glue. Tomorrow ballasting commences.... pictures to follow (if i dont glue my fingers together!) :smiley-laughing:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Dock Shunter

Quote from: owl729 on September 02, 2011, 10:53:11 PM
Mrs OwL is at work all day tomorrow. Im off down local model shop to buy new ballast & pva glue. Tomorrow ballasting commences.... pictures to follow (if i dont glue my fingers together!) :smiley-laughing:

My Brother is going to Altrincham tomorrow so i will go with him and pop into Walton's for some
bits and bobs.......will probably end up buying a loco or some wagons that i have been telling myself all
week i can't afford....... :-\..What the hell..... it's only money....and there's always Pot Noodles....... ;D

OwL

Spent £44 quid today on ballast, ballast machine, lamposts, pva glue, plasticard, metal paving, cleaning pads, gaugemaster sticky road,

will be ballasting later this afternoon. Pictures soon when i get my laptop back (its off for repair and im using my brothers laptop at moment)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

4x2

Quote from: newportnobby on September 02, 2011, 10:21:11 PM
Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on September 02, 2011, 06:36:20 PM
:smiley-laughing: The plan is scattered all over the forum, but if you look in Layout Planning - The Planned layout of Newport Nobby it will give you an idea of what I'm after in more detail than the plan below which is my poor attempt at Scarm.

Looks good - lots of track ! Only thing i'd suggest is lifting the smallest circuit up as a high level branch line (maybe moving it to one corner), but keep the busy yard low level and join it up with the two main curcuits - I did read you were not keen on embankments/cuttings etc, but I think it would add more dimension to the layout if you know what I mean... :thumbsup:

Mike

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations