Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Lawrence on April 19, 2012, 06:24:36 PM
Great stuff Neal, presumably she got her good looks from her Mum  ;)

As there are a few people on this forum who know SWMBO well, I can only reply "yes"  ;D ;D

Cheers

Neal.

Belly

What I have to offer pales in comparsion to a loved one returning from Afghanistan but I'll try.

Over the past three months the shed has finally been transformed in anticipation of becoming the home for my layout.  Yesterday I put the finishing touches to the interior which consisted of hanging a number of prints and cleaning out the blessed fridge.  (My hands still smell of vanilla fridge cleaner!)

During this time, it's received power, interior cladding, painting, carpets, sofas, fridge, and stereo. 

I now start on the baseboards and hopefully that should happen reasonably quickly as between those I've already constructed, I'm left with modifying some modules I purchased from a friend.

My dear old Dad's response: "Well Son, when are you going to rent the house and live in shed?"     

scotsoft

Cleaning your fridge out with vaniila fridge cleaner can only be asking for trouble.
Every time I smell vanilla scented products I want to start eating  :P

May I enquire just how big your shed is?
The reason for asking is I read you had put in "sofas", which are not the smallest articles of furniture  :o  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Ah John,

Check out the nationality :evil:
They have sheds way bigger than my wee bungalow. The fridge is probably a walk in version :smiley-laughing:

Belly

Gentlemen,

The size of the shed?  This is difficult because of the shape as two sides of the shed follow the fence line.  These two sides are 7.5 metres in length and join each other.  Then there's one of 3 metres and one of 6 metres which square the shed off.  So the floor area is 31.5 square metres and there's a 3 metre roller door on the 6 metre side.  From the air it looks like a rectangle with a triangle adjoining it...confused? :)

Now the story of the sofas.  I went to two friends, possibly the only two I have, and asked if they could keep their ear to the ground as I would like a sofa for the shed, thinking I'd be lucky to score one.  Well, each provided me with one and I didn't have the heart to refuse.  I admit one is large.

Finally, Nobby do I detect an undercurrent of desire?  Maybe it's the weather down here?

Cheers,

Geoff 

Newportnobby

Hi Geoff,
I was correct about it being bigger than my home :(

As for being envious of your weather. Nah - I just love being here in the cold, wind, rain, sleet, fog, snow and the occasional glimpse of some strange light in the sky :smiley-laughing:

Belly

scotsoft

Thank you Geoff, that indeed clears things up for me and I will gladly admit to being extremely jealous of your space and weather  :smiley-laughing:

I never noticed the nationality Mick but if I had then post would have not been required  :thumbsup:

Belly

Gents,

To be honest, the shed squares up my backyard and most people, on first seeing it think it's 3 by 6 metres but, like one of Harry Potter's tents, it's double the size on entering it.

John, I notice you hail from Newcastle, as did my Grandfather.  Mind you he didn't come to Australia for the weather; he was escaping from his mother!!  ;D

That as they say is another story.

Cheers,

Geoff

Lawrence

Lost me when you got to Happy Potter Geoff  :-\  :smiley-laughing:

scotsoft

Quote from: Belly on April 23, 2012, 02:21:35 PM
John, I notice you hail from Newcastle, as did my Grandfather.  Mind you he didn't come to Australia for the weather; he was escaping from his mother!!  ;D

Geoff, I have lived in Newcastle for 37 years however as you may have guessed by my forum name I am Scottish.
I live in the city centre, when I step out my front door I can see Newcastle Central Station  :beers:

Quote from: Lawrence on April 23, 2012, 02:42:07 PM
Lost me when you got to Happy Potter Geoff  :-\  :smiley-laughing:

Think of the Tardis Lawrence  ???

Trainfish

Quote from: newportnobby on April 23, 2012, 08:32:53 AM
As for being envious of your weather. Nah - I just love being here in the cold, wind, rain, sleet, fog, snow and the occasional glimpse of some strange light in the sky :smiley-laughing:

And that was just Friday's weather, Saturday was even worse here!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

SymonC

Called in at The Signal Box in Rochester whilst I was out today just to have a look.

Seem to have come home £94 lighter! ;D

Trainfish

I went to the pub on Friday night and after coming home twice I had spent around the same amount as you SymonC and Swindon Town had lost to Jillingham but been promoted. I then realised it was Sunday. Happy days!  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

SymonC

Quote from: Trainfish on April 23, 2012, 07:17:58 PM
I went to the pub on Friday night and after coming home twice I had spent around the same amount as you SymonC and Swindon Town had lost to Jillingham but been promoted. I then realised it was Sunday. Happy days!  :beers:

Jillingham!!!!!       You mean Gillingham  (they're my team!)  ;)  Congratulations on your promotion.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations