Started by Dorsetmike, January 29, 2020, 11:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris in Prague

Quote from: Bob G on February 25, 2020, 09:49:06 PM
I have his W class 2-6-4T.
It's a nice print.
I will definitely talk to him about the inspection saloon
Bob

That's great. I'll definitely buy one, too.

Dapol producing a BR Maunsell 2-coach P&P set with a P&P fitted M7 would be great. But, if not, 3D printed coach bodies would be fine. I'd also like a BR Maunsell Restaurant car.

Dorsetmike

QuoteI'd also like a BR Maunsell Restaurant car.

So would I, but those recessed double doors to the kitchen would be a barsteward to hack which is why I decided on the Ironclad one. As I see it if Dapol don't do one then a 3D print is about the only way, etched sides would be a challenge.

As for the W tank mentioned, I have 2 the first I managed to break those B--- steps so it will be a K class "River" the other I'm still trying to figure how to fit a Farish N class chassis, as those  darned steps foul the motion.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Bob G

Quote from: Dorsetmike on February 26, 2020, 11:01:17 AM
QuoteI'd also like a BR Maunsell Restaurant car.

So would I, but those recessed double doors to the kitchen would be a barsteward to hack which is why I decided on the Ironclad one. As I see it if Dapol don't do one then a 3D print is about the only way, etched sides would be a challenge.

As for the W tank mentioned, I have 2 the first I managed to break those B--- steps so it will be a K class "River" the other I'm still trying to figure how to fit a Farish N class chassis, as those  darned steps foul the motion.

Mike

I managed to remove the steps by slowly scoring the inside until I was able to remove the steps intact. Not easy with 3D prints. My idea was to mount them on brass strip to sit outside the Farish N motion. They would then have a stepped appearance at the top of the steps but that's the challenge with things mechanical.

On the same topic, how did you manage to cut the underside of the boiler to make room for the N chassis. There is plenty of room except where the boiler wraps under at the front.

Best
Bob

Dorsetmike

QuoteOn the same topic, how did you manage to cut the underside of the boiler to make room for the N chassis. There is plenty of room except where the boiler wraps under at the front.

Not proceeded that far until I figure best way to deal with steps, one posible solution might be to remove the tank sides and refit them over some metal or plastic sheet aas spacer, white metal would be good for that adding extra weight for adhesion.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Dorsetmike

Time to get busy, sides for 24 Coaches arrived in this mornings post, 12 each of Maunsell open 3rds and Ironclad Restaurants, also enough bogie side frames for 15 tenders

I'll start with a restaurant on a Farish mainline and an open third on a Dapol Maunsell, need to do some checking on underfloor and roof for the restaurant but the open third underfloor should be OK just the roof vents and recessed end doors, hopefully etched pixel roof will do on the restaurant as it's intended to fit on a Farish mainline.

As for the bogie side frames they will need a few packets of sprung axle boxes from N brass or BHE

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Chris in Prague

Wow! That's a lot of Restaurant car pairs. Looking forward to seeing how this all progresses.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations