Nelevation price list released

Started by Nelevation, October 01, 2015, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonk

Quote from: Nelevation on October 01, 2015, 06:16:57 AM
Dear NGF

I have now released the price list for the Nelevators. Thank you for all your input. I have taken all your comment seriously and have tried to accomodate as many of your suggestions as possible. The prices include everything needed to complete the assembly; all track, power supplies. Nut screws and bolts! We,ve had to work hard on the design and with component suppliers to drive cost out and although we haven't been able to achieve our target £600 for the basic kit (+track), we have got very close. In addition, we are offering a discount price for eraly supporters.

We need 50 adopters now to give us the confidence to take the project forward.

Please have a look at the price list on the web site www.nelevation.com . Theres a link in the Order form section.

Thanks again for your support.

Allen

"Dear Mum, Sister, Brother, Neighbours, Homeless man, Prime Minister and of course Santa/Father Christmas (Most important).....

For Christmas this year I would like 2 of these. I know it is a lot to ask so I am willing to compromise and accept medium length instead of long. Do not fail me!"

Am I the only person already picturing the use of one just to store extra stock like on a long length Freight train? The benefit for someone like myself where I have length but not much width (make of that what you will) means good length "fiddle yard" area and still good curves where as currently I have 1 full length and more shorter tracks.
My layout thread - Blackstone

railsquid

Having grown up in the UK then lived in the metric world since I was 18, the only time I ever feel the need to use the old money is when thinking about longer distances in the UK, which only feel right in miles.

Anyway for me a full-length train is 62 cm, or a 4-car Shinkansen, or loco + three as coaches (four if I'm feeling adventurous). I could conceivably have a layout which could run much longer trains, but as  I want more than one station, shorter works better.

Unfortunately, while I have (or am planning) a storage yard which would benefit from something like this, I'd need the unit to be mostly below the baseboard, as the storage yard will be directly beneath an existing section of layout and only has about 100mm of "headroom". I've no idea if that would be mechanically feasible.

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on October 01, 2015, 04:07:11 PM

Unfortunately, while I have (or am planning) a storage yard which would benefit from something like this, I'd need the unit to be mostly below the baseboard, as the storage yard will be directly beneath an existing section of layout and only has about 100mm of "headroom". I've no idea if that would be mechanically feasible.

The design sounds as if potentially it could be altered to suit your needs, Squiddy.
Currently 6/11ths is below baseboard level with 5/11ths above but providing your baseboard construction would support the extra weight distribution below maybe Allen could confirm if the 'exit line' from the Nelevation could be amended to be the 1st or even 2nd road :hmmm:

Ian Morton

Quote from: newportnobby on October 01, 2015, 04:22:43 PM

The design sounds as if potentially it could be altered to suit your needs, Squiddy.
Currently 6/11ths is below baseboard level with 5/11ths above but providing your baseboard construction would support the extra weight distribution below maybe Allen could confirm if the 'exit line' from the Nelevation could be amended to be the 1st or even 2nd road :hmmm:

Don't forget that the bottom storage line has got to get to the 'exit' level, so I don't think there is much scope to shave anything off the top or bottom unless you cut down on the number of levels.

G_N_E_R

railsquid

Quote from: Ian Morton on October 01, 2015, 05:36:00 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on October 01, 2015, 04:22:43 PM

Don't forget that the bottom storage line has got to get to the 'exit' level, so I don't think there is much scope to shave anything off the top or bottom unless you cut down on the number of levels.

I think the solution would need to be similar to a paternoster-style lift, with the exit at the top.

Mustermark

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

cutting42

So glad to see this project kick off it has transformed my layout plans, will be selling a huge number of turnouts and motors now  :D

Mines a large one!

Ditape

I can't make up my mind which way to go my current layout would suite a medium one but my next project would gain from a large one, but this new project is about 2 years down the line. :hmmm:
Diane Tape

Ian Morton

Quote from: Ditape on October 02, 2015, 02:35:12 PM
I can't make up my mind which way to go my current layout would suite a medium one but my next project would gain from a large one, but this new project is about 2 years down the line. :hmmm:

Well, you won't get one until the middle of next year so that would give it a pretty short residence on the current layout.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: railsquid on October 02, 2015, 12:47:53 AMI think the solution would need to be similar to a paternoster-style lift,
That is what I thought it was when I first saw it !
But instead it is a (two) vertically mounted traverser (s  side-by-side) with a cunning belt + shelves construction instead of a baseboard ? ??

with the exit at the top.
umm anywhere ? bottom, up or down either side for this application, which would be a start/stop motion.

I think the paternoster entry/exit is simplest at the top cos then it is easier to make a continuous lift where the passengers can more easily step on and off ? (something like that, long time since I came across them ! )

Wrong ! I must be mistaking with something else, cos according to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternoster
" Passengers can step on or off at any floor they like"

railsquid

Quote from: MalcolmAL on October 02, 2015, 03:23:56 PM
Quote from: railsquid on October 02, 2015, 12:47:53 AMI think the solution would need to be similar to a paternoster-style lift,
But instead it is a (two) vertically mounted traverser (s  side-by-side) with a cunning belt + shelves construction instead of a baseboard ? ??

umm anywhere ? bottom, up or down either side for this application, which would be a start/stop motion.
Yeah, well anywhere I guess, in my case the top is the only logical place (and for anyone else who needs a largely below-baseboard solution).

Anyway, if feasible that would presumably require completely different design, tooling etc. so not getting my hopes up.

georgehgv

Quote from: cutting42 on October 02, 2015, 02:04:45 PM
So glad to see this project kick off it has transformed my layout plans, will be selling a huge number of turnouts and motors now  :D

Mines a large one!

And me, I have a load of points , motors and DCC decoders surplus so not sure if to sell or keep for a huge layout in the future., :D
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on October 02, 2015, 04:03:54 PM
Quote from: MalcolmAL on October 02, 2015, 03:23:56 PM

Yeah, well anywhere I guess, in my case the top is the only logical place (and for anyone else who needs a largely below-baseboard solution).

Anyway, if feasible that would presumably require completely different design, tooling etc. so not getting my hopes up.

As coincidence had it, this popped up on my Youtube feed (which is entirely separate from the browser I'm typing this in):
http://youtu.be/fZOsnZ_V10A?t=3m6s
(3:04 onwards)

Caz

This thread is to do with the Nelevator, the off topic Imperial vs Metric posts have been removed and are now in their own thread at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29852.msg336551#msg336551.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40%