K1s?

Started by Ngauging, November 25, 2015, 12:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ngauging

Does anyone know of any plans to release a k1 loco in n gauge? I think I'm correct in saying there is nothing available currently? In 60s pics of Richmond station a k1 pops up frequently shunting in the goods yard.

Newportnobby

I am unaware of any plans for a RTR K1 from any of the manufacturers. It is, however, possible to create one..................

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=28891.msg320226#msg320226

Dr Al

I've built my own from a Farish B1:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=27336.75
(this page and several beyond gives the detail).

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Ngauging

Thanks both, that kind of project might be beyond me not having modded locos before. Or maybe it would be a good learning experience? I do have a black five but it's a fairly new DCC fitted Farish and I don't fancy butchering it.

Dr Al

Got to start somewhere! The B1 route is actually easier than it looks apart from the valve gear which needs shortened - it's basically a B1 body with a chunk cut out of the middle. Other details (like the cab and footplates) are more subtle and for a simpler conversion could be neglected.

I'm sure others could surpass it, but I'm quite pleased with mine in the end:

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations