a black day in Sussex

Started by guest311, August 12, 2015, 05:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mito

It is a very difficult decision to make, one we have had to make several times and possibly again in the near future.
My sympathies to you.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Papyrus

I'll add my sympathies too. Fortunately, nearly all of the animals in my life have lived to a ripe old age, but you still miss them when they are gone. Our last dog, an Italian spinone called Questo, was just short of his 15th birthday when he died peacefully of old age on our his hearthrug. I grieved for him more than I did for my Dad, which seems all wrong really, but he was the dog of our lives. We now have a rehomed Lagotto (no, we'd never heard of them either...) who is enchanting. Like you and Coco, we feel we are giving him a better second half to his life than the first.

With very best wishes,

Chris

David Asquith

My sympathy to you and your lady Alan.  It was bad enough when we lost some of our ducks and geese.  Doesn't bear thinking about losing one of our 4 dogs.  The oldest is about 14 and showing his age - until its time for a walk.  Chin up you obviously had special shared time together.

regards

Dave

Webbo

My sincerest sympathies to you too, Alan. I've a fair idea of how you feel as we lost our kelpie suddenly in February to liver complications brought on by gastro from eating something horrible no doubt. Although Jess was 14, she was still lively and very much interested in chasing kangaroos. She was my friend and even though her loss doesn't hurt acutely any more, I still miss her dearly. Time does heal. Unfortunately, dogs and cats don't live long enough and we humans almost inevitably will face the situation of losing our pets.

Webbo

FeelixTC

I know how it feels Alan, chin up xx

And remember; Time is a great provider of cliches.  ;)

Sprintex

Gutted for you Alan  :(

Once the initial shock subsides we can remember fondly the good times we had with our furry companions, and just maybe the following passage might help that along, either that or you'll think it's sentimental rubbish. You may have seen it before but it's worth posting again:-

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Made me bawl my eyes out reading it when we lost our 18 y/o cat Molly, that was nearly three years ago and it's still made me misty-eyed reading it now. Helps to 'let it out' though eh?  :'(

Paul

Jon898

Alan:

My deepest sympathies for your loss of a family member.  We went through a similar thing a few years back with our first Sheltie Reba, although her decline was slower than Coco's and, although we had more time to get used to the idea it was still horrible.  I'm sure you've heard it all before, but please remember you gave her over 5 years of a good life after her early unpleasantness.  Something we did that may help you too was to plant a rose bush in her favorite spot in the garden, and that became the "Reba-rose".  After we moved, we planted another one of the same color in a prominent spot so that each time it blooms we remember her.

Jon

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations