What are you doing today ?

Started by port perran, July 17, 2011, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

It's a miserable day down here in Cornwall - wet and windy so I'm spending the afternoon constructing farmland with fields and granite "Cornish Hedges".
Cornish Hedges typically are quite ancient and surround fields/roadsides in Cornwall. They are loose built granite walls that are covered in vegetation. I'm using Skaledale granite walls rolled in scenic scatter material (green) - looks quite realistic.
What are others up to today ?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Not a lot really as it's raining Datsun cogs up here. Have just watched the MotoGP from Germany and thought I'd catch up on posts while working up the right frame of mind for a pressing engagement with the ironing board :(

OwL

General house chores including hoovering and clothes washing. Had my fun yesterday on the battlefield preserved line (more on that later when I upload the photos on bucket then onto here), so im gonna have sunday dinner, play on the layout later have a few beers and get ready for top gear tonight (featuring the Great Central Railway)

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

grumbeast

Getting closer and closer to my move back to the UK.. today.. getting final vaccinations for the cat (she flies out tomorrow evening), sorting rubbish in the basement and *hopefully* selling my car (fingers crossed!)

Damn.. this moving business is way more work than work!

T - 17 days and counting!

Graham

poliss

Don't forget to put your winter woolies and brolly in your carry on luggage.

Tank

I've just watched the last two episodes of Eddie Stobart that were on tv, and have just popped on here to make sure that you trouble makers are behaving. ;)

poliss

I just did a 4 second snipe on Ebay.  :computersmile:

porkie

i did have an afternoon planned with my layout after watching moto gp..
But my son has decided to go to sleep on me  :'(
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

scotsoft

Please may I ask what is "a 4 second snipe"  ???

Quote from: poliss on July 17, 2011, 03:49:11 PM
I just did a 4 second snipe on Ebay.  :computersmile:

Dock Shunter

Waiting for the rain to stop so i can take my dog for a swim.......i mean walk

OwL

Quote from: scotsoft on July 17, 2011, 03:53:45 PM
Please may I ask what is "a 4 second snipe"  ???

Quote from: poliss on July 17, 2011, 03:49:11 PM
I just did a 4 second snipe on Ebay.  :computersmile:

In E-Bay parlance, a 'four second snipe' is where one awaits the end of an auction with 4 seconds to spare before putting on a bid, thus winning it due to any rival bidders not having sufficient time to raise their own bids, hence sniping the auction.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

lesmond

Been to work (briefly) to prepare for tomorrow, went to the stores local dump with some bits and "retrieved" a mac laptop, spent the afternoon dipping in and out of here / reading / snoozing. Out tonight to a regular evening class. Pretty good for a wet Sunday in Belfast  :thumbsup:
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

cudders

Well, As i have no layout at the moment, Still got the garage to sort out.. I've just built 3 Ex MR LMS van kits from N Gauge Soc..Also a Gresley brake kit and two Peco Bolster wagon kits. May as well catch up on stock building etc whilst I wait for wood.

Not a bad day  ;D

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

longbridge

Today is a good day for me, I finally got rid of all the PA gear that belongs to our country band out of my train shed so today I will go and organize my work space back to what it should be, may even do a bit to the layout while I am out there but its Oh so cold and down to 18 degrees C.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

barkfast

planning what to do next on the layout ... i mean at work  :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations