What are you doing today ?

Started by port perran, July 17, 2011, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poliss

City Link. Know all about them. Waited ages for a parcel, nothing came. Entered the details in their website, Said no one was home and they had left a card. Oh no they hadn't. Turns out the driver couldn't find my address and had entered the 'left card' bit in the computer. That's what the driver said when he eventually turned up, after he asked another driver for directions.

Tank

I've just taken out the four sets of glass on my workshop, and have replaced them with double glazing.  These were hanging about where I worked, and when I measured them I couldn't believe they were the perfect size - with a little modifying to the frames.  :)  A little more work to do, then I can hang up the green (almost Southern Railway) curtains and rail that I also found.  :D

I've also just made an NGF Shop, so we'll see how that works out.  :)

findus

Im just getting ready to go out for my stag party.. not sure where i will end up.

i guess you should all look out for me in your area. im the guy thats been painted green and stripped naked  :thumbsdown:

Tank

A Stag-Do starting in the late afternoon?!  Wow, you've got it easy!!!!! 

EtchedPixels

Quickly building test etches and starting some baseboard woodwork. Todays modelling purchases being some timber framing, glue, screws and the like.

Mind you I'm quite happy about the test etches except I got the step position wrong

and I've been taking some photos as I built it which I'll put together later. Right now its letting various bits of glue set while I try and work out which buffers to fit and then add the white metal bits for the generator and vacuum cylinders.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

OwL

Im sitting on the dock of a bay, watching the tides roll away... I've just left my home in georgia, and im heading for the frisco bay.......

What am I talking about????.............Im really awaiting farish to make and release a decent class 31, looking a bit like this: :Class31: :smiley-laughing:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Tank

That looks great Alan.  Something I'd love to learn to do.

cloughie

having a go at making a cutting out of cork sheets, but at the moment it my end up with a bit of det cord round it :evil:
cloughie
am I there yet

kirky

Just got back from little Model Exhibition in Thirsk. I bought a couple of mk 1s.
Apparently Mrs Kirky says we're going shopping (again) but I'd rather watch the cricket (I missed Broad's hatrick yesterday because I was trailling Mrs Kirky round the shops ...grrrr)

Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Tank

I was marking some old curtains on the lawn, ready to cut them.  I stood up, and my back is killing me.  I had to slowly go onto my hands and knees, and took ages to get indoors - on all fours.  In agony.  I hope this clears up, as I hate calling in sick at work, although I might have to go to the dreaded doctors tomorrow. :thumbsdown:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on July 31, 2011, 02:29:25 PM
I was marking some old curtains on the lawn, ready to cut them.  I stood up, and my back is killing me.  I had to slowly go onto my hands and knees, and took ages to get indoors - on all fours.  In agony.  I hope this clears up, as I hate calling in sick at work, although I might have to go to the dreaded doctors tomorrow. :thumbsdown:

Oh dear - welcome to my world. I have, it seems, a weak back and was forced to take 2 weeks off work last year which brassed me off 'cos it's the only time I've had off work in 3 years. The firm sent me to a physio who bent me in half amid much screaming with no clear result. Plenty of Anadin Back & Muscle pain later I was OK, but I have to be careful (sorry about the advertising but they do work). Hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

Tank

Thanks mate.  I've taken two Co-codemol's that we had in the cupboard, and some of the pain has eased off.  I can lift my legs enough to get up the stairs to the bathroom now!  :D  Sorry to hear you have a bad back too.  Sadly, I think a lot of people do.

Bikeracer

Quote from: Tank on July 31, 2011, 04:56:39 PM
Thanks mate.  I've taken two Co-codemol's that we had in the cupboard, and some of the pain has eased off.  I can lift my legs enough to get up the stairs to the bathroom now!  :D  Sorry to hear you have a bad back too.  Sadly, I think a lot of people do.
Your doctor can prescribe sessions at a chiropracter,been reduced from twelve down to nine this year at my PCT,but it's free.
Not got a lot of time for physiotherapists myself,but the chiropracter I go to is brilliant,as soon as my hip replacement is fully healed I'll be having another nine sessions.You can do this each year.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on July 31, 2011, 04:56:39 PM
Sorry to hear you have a bad back too.  Sadly, I think a lot of people do.

Something to bear in mind when setting the height of a layout - YOU WILL AGE! :'(

sawyerm1982

Hi all
Later today i will be working on my etched pixels/electra graphics class 175 coradia....

Regards

Mike

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations