So You've Succumbed........ And Had To Buy.................?

Started by mickeyflinn, December 13, 2014, 10:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UPINSMOKE

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on January 01, 2015, 11:47:21 AM
I keep all my stuff in them.
I have yet to have any trouble with them.
One thing I do is keep locos in little clear polythene bags, makes them easier to lift out of the foam without bits 'catching'

Great thanks for the tip with the plastic bags :thumbsup:

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on January 01, 2015, 04:04:02 PM
Oh, and for empty boxes I flat pack them and 'nest' all the inserts to reduce space. Then they go under the bed in a big cheap underbed box thingy I got from Ikea.

Sounds like a good plan to me cheers :D
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional

Layout Southern Comfort - In-Progress:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23145.0

Claude Dreyfus

NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Claude Dreyfus

My reasons? A wonderful little loco with loads of character, one of my favourite Japanese engines. There is a model in N Gauge (I have one), but they are hard to get hold of. The H0 model is just irresistible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3n9o8ye4_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJw6pVDIf4

Tonye

:hellosign:Toneeze is dead!( well not really ) I got a new laptop and had to change my profile and e-mail address.I don't know how to delete my old self from the forum,can anybody help? Toneeze/Tonye :thankyousign:
Tony .H

mickeyflinn

Well, my hot weathered green Class 22 (from the milk tanker set) died this afternoon :'( .
It had been running merrily away at a nice slow speed when it just stopped - the lights worked fine but no motor control. Checked it on my laptop via my Sprog - chip found (and working in another loco) but no movement, put the blanking plug back in tried it with a 9V battery but still nothing. I've even tried power directly onto the motor and nowt.
Phoned Dapol, they said phone DCC Supplies. Phoned DDC Supplies, and seconds later it was booked in and a pre-paid returns slip had been e-mailed to me.
So off it goes to DCC Supplies in the morning.

Newportnobby

Quote from: mickeyflinn on January 12, 2015, 06:49:23 PM

So off it goes to DCC Supplies in the morning.

Sorry to hear your tale of woe, Mickey, and hope it comes back in better shape from DCC.

mickeyflinn

So do I.

And just to be a glutton for punishment, I got a weathered 'Evening Star' off eBay last week! Would have been rude not to - listed as new (and definitely looks to be) for under £80

Newportnobby

£80! :goggleeyes: Nice price.

Can I suggest you copy your post about the class 22 into the review section as, although most of us love the ones we've got, it helps to have such info for anyone looking to buy?
:thankyousign:

RHEINGOLD

This lovely pair on ebay this afternoon (nr.mint except for a broken buffer) for £50 & £8 p&p.
Well pleased.
As it is my intention to model a "version" of Le Gare de L'Est Paris I'm not sure what use I will have for it(except I suppose I can always apply Rule 1) but at that price I simply could not resist

.[smg id=20364 type=preview align=center caption="ROCO N GAUGE ELECTRIC MOTOR & PASSENGER COACH"]

RHEINGOLD

:) :claphappy: :)
Rheingold

mickeyflinn

Quote from: newportnobby on January 12, 2015, 09:18:06 PM
Can I suggest you copy your post about the class 22 into the review section as, although most of us love the ones we've got, it helps to have such info for anyone looking to buy?
:thankyousign:

Done. http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=6607.msg276399#msg276399.
It's just a copy and paste with timeline, but I'll update it when I get the engine back

Zakalwe

arriva trains wales class 67 / DVT and mk3 coahes.

love loco hauled services and although not really my region of modelling it is just such a nice colour had to get it
"I just think people overvalue argument because they like to hear themselves talk."

RHEINGOLD

Just secured this on ebay an hour or so ago for less than £51.00 plus £10 p.& p.
A bit nearer home in Paris his time.
The first 5 of the Class were outshopped in the Green Maurienne Livery.
Very pleased with both purchase and price.
[smg id=20397 type=full align=center caption="SNCF Class BB15001"]

:) :claphappy: :)
Rheingold

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations