The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Mmmmm glue it back on?, I would if I could find it but I think I threw it out with a load of styrene shavings, all I can say is its throbbing like buggery this morning, oh well whatever will be will be.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

brbluewill

I HATE BALLASTING :(

sorry just had to get it out my system ;D ;D ;D
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

longbridge

Quote from: gwrwill on March 19, 2012, 09:40:44 PM
I HATE BALLASTING :(

sorry just had to get it out my system ;D ;D ;D

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: thats why I am going to give my new layout a very light ballast job.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Trainfish

Quote from: Mustermark on March 19, 2012, 11:14:18 AM
They use it in hospitals instead of stitches, except hospital superglue has blue colour in it. I watched them do it when my son split his lip, i thought that was genius. Though they did tell us it is not for use on the face in case it gets in your eyes.

Eh? Where's your son's lip then? Or are they saying it's ok for them to do but not you?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Mustermark

Quote from: Trainfish on March 19, 2012, 10:57:45 PM
Quote from: Mustermark on March 19, 2012, 11:14:18 AM
They use it in hospitals instead of stitches, except hospital superglue has blue colour in it. I watched them do it when my son split his lip, i thought that was genius. Though they did tell us it is not for use on the face in case it gets in your eyes.

Eh? Where's your son's lip then? Or are they saying it's ok for them to do but not you?

The kind young doc told us that if he did glue Nathan's lip that we were to deny that it ever happened.  If he had stitched it he would've had the 'sewing scars' and the edge of his lip would have been wonky.  Nathan promised not to move, and I have never seen a two year old lie so completely still.  So the doc kindly glued it anyway and you can't even see any sign of a scar... in the end it was all fine and nobody got sued over anything.  That was 16 years ago.  I dare say it'd be more than anybody's job is worth these days.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Mustermark

Quote from: oldrailbug on March 19, 2012, 08:37:28 PM
Mmmmm glue it back on?, I would if I could find it but I think I threw it out with a load of styrene shavings, all I can say is its throbbing like buggery this morning, oh well whatever will be will be.

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: LMAO.

I concede that rescuing it from a bucket of styrene shavings and gluing it back on now might be complete folly.

I bet it is throbbing.  I feel for you.  I will be thinking of you playing guitar on Thu.  That is not going to be fun. :(

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Bikeracer

My brother in law is bed ridden in a nursing home and asked us to get a TV for him to watch.We got him a Samsung TV.

The thick instruction manual had the first four pages in English and the rest in several other languages,that's okay I can read English,the problem is the instructions basically just show where all the different wires supplied connect,in this case just the ariel and the mains.

There are no instructions as to how to actually tune the TV in.!!!

There is a DVD with instructions on it but it doesn't work on a Mac......why do manufacturers presume that everyone has access to a PC or that the PC will even be on the same floor as the TV.
After a lot of button pressing with no progress I eventually got a picture,but no sound.
I gave up and called a friend who used to run a well known shop in town,he arrived and got to the set up menu and the initial set up I did was tuned to an Austrian transmitter it seems.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Trainfish

Believe me, there's some good stuff on Austrian TV, not sure it would be suitable for your brother in law in his position though. I hope he's going to be ok  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Oldman

Not a happy bunny,
Just opened a new pot of Humbrol. Acrylic paint and somehow
managed to knock it over,
Only wanted to use a little bit to paint some detail on a Ratio signal kit.
NOW HAVE AN ALL BLACK SIGNAL KIT  :thumbsdown:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

scotsoft

Quote from: Oldman on March 20, 2012, 12:27:02 PM
NOW HAVE AN ALL BLACK SIGNAL KIT  :thumbsdown:

... and a rugby kit as well - Haka Haka Haka  :evil:

1936ace

What is going on with our postal service? Either someone has a liking to the model i have chosen to purchase(and can do my signature) or the mail systems are rubbish. or is there another reason?
Ordered a class 26 in br blue in Oct 2011 but it went wayward and the shop said they would resend a replacement only to say the 26 is no longer available so i had to choose a refund or something else as they could not use my payment to go towards pre orders so a 3 car 108 dmu was sent out on the 30/1/12 but it too has gone missing so after about 20 emails another replacement for the replacement has been sent, fingers crossed this time.
By the way anyone know of class 26 in br blue still in shops or if dapol are going to do another run?
Up until now i have had a good run of about 40 odd orders with the same shop, but this one must not like me!
Bart

longbridge

After working for Aust Post for over 24 years nothing surprises me, when I left their employment I had to sign a form that meant I was sworn to silence regarding the postal system, no sense in opening a can of worms here.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bikeracer

My son sent a Fathers day card with some money in by recorded delivery,I wasn't in and the post person left a card.The item went missing after the attempted delivery.....lost,I don't think so and on reflection I wish I'd gone to the police.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

1936ace

i was starting to think also; did the shop ever post it as like i said the every other order from the uk in the last 18mths and there has been too many according to the wife have made it very quickly,

EtchedPixels

Quote from: oldrailbug on March 21, 2012, 04:43:34 AM
After working for Aust Post for over 24 years nothing surprises me, when I left their employment I had to sign a form that meant I was sworn to silence regarding the postal system, no sense in opening a can of worms here.

Does .au not work the way the UK does on this ?

The procedure here seems to be

Silenced ex-employees write to MP explaining they've been silenced and can't talk about what goes on
MPs see enough of these reports to decide something is being hidden
MPs decide to hold an inquiry and call them as witnesses
Underwear gets aired

I know a little bit about how the Royal Mail try and deal with "lost" (as in requisitioned) products. They do statistical analysis of loss rates and look for where they go missing most, see if it correlates to employee shifts, particular people on a round etc, and then investigate.

So reporting all helps.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations