Dapol Non - Powered Class 121 DMU

Started by 1018509, August 11, 2013, 08:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have e-mailed Dapol but I will ask here as well:-

Does anyone know if the Dapol Model 2D 009 101 Dummy Non - Powered Class 121 DMU have directional lighting and fittings to enable a light bar to be installed?

Ollie3440

I have one of the first batch of Dummy Class 121s ND119A and mine is DCC Ready with directional lights and is lightbar ready :)

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Anthony Lloyd

Quote from: 1018509 on August 11, 2013, 08:13:51 PM
I have e-mailed Dapol but I will ask here as well:-

Does anyone know if the Dapol Model 2D 009 101 Dummy Non - Powered Class 121 DMU have directional lighting and fittings to enable a light bar to be installed?
They should be... the point of the dummy vehicles are to allow them to run in multiple and as such, would still need the directional lighting and light bar. They do require there own DCC chip though if you are using it on a DCC layout.

Regards, Tony

tim-pelican

Quote from: DATAjammer on August 12, 2013, 08:14:25 AM
They should be... the point of the dummy vehicles are to allow them to run in multiple and as such, would still need the directional lighting and light bar. They do require there own DCC chip though if you are using it on a DCC layout.

Can anyone shed a light (*groan*) on how these are wired with DCC?  The light bar is on with either F0F or F0R, or is there a separate function connection for it?  (And there's probably a better place to ask, but how do Dapol's coach light bars work with DCC?)

Thanks,
Tim.

Anthony Lloyd

The lightbar is independent to the directional lighting and works on a function with DCC

For non-DCC fitted stock, it works with power applied to the track in either direction.

It appears I may have jumped the gun here.

I ordered from eHattons the 2D-009-101 model but it looks like this doesn't have any provision for lighting in either saloon or directional the earlier release ND119 did.

Bugger! I wanted my unit lit up like a Christmas tree.

Anthony Lloyd

I would imagine that it would still have directional lighting and be light-bar ready. The 156 is only £44 for the dummy and that includes both - and two vehicles.

Hatton's have assured me it has directional lighting.

Perhaps Dapol should turn their directional lighting on to find out where these models have got to as they are seriously late now - as usual.   :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations