No Reply

Started by mayjay, April 03, 2016, 12:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayjay

Anyone else get annoyed when businesses advertising on the net cant be bothered to reply when emailed about their product? Dam rude I call it, and they lose business! :NGaugersRule:   
Mike

Jerry Howlett

Standard practice here in the land of Pasta.

The one time we got a reply was from an Northern Italian company that makes chilli paste, that is available in Sainsburys, Tesco etc but we have not been able to find it here.  There other products are on the shelves of our local supermarkets. The usual flannel that we use it a lot and buy on our trips to the UK but where can we buy this in Tuscany was our basic inquiry.  The response you can't !! 

So helpful...
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

port perran

I'm afraid it's becoming standard and its extremely bad manners.
A friend of mine who runs a packaging business and often buys things in huge bulk will often (when dealing with a new company which he may buy things from) enquire about a VERY small quantity initially.
If he gets no reply then that company has missed out on a potential order for thousands of that same item.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Paul B

Agreed - really annoying!  :veryangry: Just as annoying as the websites that show items that are in stock - but, when you order them, they reply that they aren't in stock at present...  :censored:
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

mayjay

Beats me as to how they expect to remain in business. I have been looking for specific types of fencing for the layout and there are a limited number of suppliers advertising on the web. The "not in stock" answer does come up far to frequently when placing 'on line' orders, why show these items? Some will only deal via PayPal and for various personal reasons I will not deal with that company. I have contacted the supplier via email with my order and request either payment by cheque or bank transfer, no reply. I have also found that certain Model Railway Clubs do not reply to information requests. Cant understand their mind-set either, I feel that they do not want to be bothered with  people like me who 'model for fun' and do not understand the intimate details of every loco ever built and the number of rivets on a boiler, so selfish.
Mike

Bealman

Yes, it is annoying. Very much so.

However, on the bright side, you're guaranteed a reply here, even if it's irrelevant!  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

red_death

Are you certain that your email is getting through? It is all too easy to assume that someone is not replying, but in reality they are unaware that your email even existed (due to spam filters etc). 

Always worth a second attempt or an attempt via other media.

Cheers, Mike

mayjay

Replies on here are more often than not "relevant" 'Bealman', even yours, lol.

'Red - Death': You have a point so I will try again. Two of the attempted contacts were 'on-line' reply forms embedded in the web site, should have got through ok.
Mike

snitchthebudgie

I usually enjoy the irrelevant - and often irreverent ones!!

Bealman

I reckon the irreverent ones are the best chuckles.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

mayjay

Now now boys, are we drifting away from the point and into obscurity?  :P
Mike

Newportnobby

Quote from: mayjay on April 04, 2016, 11:23:40 AM
Two of the attempted contacts were 'on-line' reply forms embedded in the web site, should have got through ok.

I find those to be the worst for trying to make contact as it strikes me some companies don't check their websites regularly :hmmm:

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: mayjay on April 04, 2016, 11:50:46 AM
Now now boys, are we drifting away from the point and into obscurity?  :P
lemon custard.....
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Bob Tidbury

One reason for no reply to Emails is if it's a one man band and family commitments or that thing called WORK gets in the way then obviously they take priority.
Some one man bands are only there just to help modellers with bits and pieces and aren't really a company at all and aren't in it to make money but just enjoy helping others  and they sometimes actually loose money going to shows ,what with the cost of fuel , food at the shows and the stand rent but still go out of a love of the hobby .
Just adding my penny worth of thoughts .
Bob

mayjay

That rings a bell Bob. I used to produce leather goods (no, not that type) and do the craft shows, never made money but enjoyed it, so I get your point.
Mike

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations