class 37 end details and snow plough

Started by guest311, November 28, 2015, 02:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

has anyone managed to fit the detail parts to one end of one of the new class 37s, ie 37407, with the snow plough fitted as well ?
AFAIK this fits to the loco body, rather than the bogie, and would allow the coupling to hang down onto the centre section of the plough.

any advice will be most welcome.

thanks in advance

alan

Chris

Alan, if it's the same as my DRS 37409, the ploughs fit into the slots on the bogie which originally clip the NEM coupling pocket. You need to remove the coupling pocket by squeezing the clips on the underside of the bogie to uncllip the pocket. On the coupling end I cut the ploughs off the mount and glued them directly to the bogie.

guest311

Hi Chris,

cheers for that. so that will then give the plough sufficient clearance to move behind the pipes and dummy screw coupling ?

this is the effect I'm looking to achieve

http://railphotoarchive.org/rpc_zoom.php?PrevImg=1448020996000&aid=&InFrame=&_PAGE=

regards

alan

Chris

Hi Alan, yes not had a problem with them catching, though would recommend bending out the screw coupling a little (like it looks like on the reference photo!) Best thing to do is install the detailing, then test by rotating the bogie before putting on the track in case any fettling is required.

guest311

cheers Chris.

looks like this evening is sorted then  :thumbsup:

have you ever fitted the Dapol ploughs to a Farish loco ?

alan

scruff

I kept the coupling at both ends of mine. I cut the centre part of the ploughs out and glued the sides to the bogie frame, I kept part of the support frame behind the side ploughs to have something substantial to glue to the bogie frame. I also fitted the cable above the right hand buffer but removed the bottom of the loop.
If I can find the pics I will post them here.

Cheers
Mark

guest311

scruff

A picture speaks a thousand words!
[smg id=32390][smg id=32389][smg id=32388]
[smg id=32387][smg id=32386]

Since these were taken I have painted the support pieces black to hide them.

Cheers
Mark

georgehgv

Ijust bought the Class 37 separated form the Avro Vulcan Set. I would like the ploughs fitted but looks like serious surgery to achieve it. Such a shame as it looks terrific in every other way and runs beautifully as well.

Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

Rockhopper

I did the same scruff. There was no alteration to the loco itself, just the snowploughs I used.
I wanted to keep using the Dapol Easi-shunt coupling at both ends. So I cut the end ploughs off, keeping some support to allow a good mounting onto the bogie.

I used the Dapol snowploughs, that are part of the detailing kit they sell.

See pics of how I did it.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations