Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff_W

Two sets of Farish wagons from ebay last week. Seller was located in the US, only paid $42 for the pair which I feel is pretty decent.

crewearpley40

Agreed. 6 / 7 a wagon..rough. bargain you have gained

A few arrivals between May and July, the Railfreight 26 is new but the Coal Sector 26 and the 60 are both pre-owned.

All 3 run well, both 26s will be set to Civil Engineering duties as I find engineering trains more interesting than passenger and freight.

Hoping to pick up a few tankers at TINGS to run behind the 60

Can I just say that I might just have worked out how to add photos to this forum and although it took a long time to figure it out, I hope to be able to do it again with a few others ????

Here's a better photo of the Coal Sector 26 on its own. Bought from Hattons, pre-owned but in good condition and running well.

Foxhound

The EFE Rail Tiger is now out in the wild - so I recreated some local trippers in my lunchbreak...

Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Foxhound

Me again, this time a pair of lightly weathered NACCO JIAs from TMC at a bargain price for my 21st Century clay trains. I now have examples of clay wagons from the 70s to today, so I am a happy rabbit.

Rob and Becky (artistic director)

MinZaPint

From my Avatar you will guess that travelling down from London to visit an Aunt in Dawlish in my schooldays I was fascinated by the trackside advertising recording progress towards the Strong country, it was only in later years when we moved to Dorset that I was enlightened I became a fan of their Brown Ale and later the Bitter. I've always wanted a Strongs van to add to my Brewery fleet and now the "Wagon Yard" have obliged, so I had to have one, whether that will be enough to revive my interest in my layout only time will  tell!

Although I'm not doing any modelling at the moment I like to pop in every now and then to see how you're doing. Cheers David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

twinklekev

Hi Stuart,

Sorry for the delay in replying. They are from Railtec, item 1371, Siphon G parcels (NMV/NNV), ex-LMS/LNER CCTs, Siphon Enparts.

Twinklekev

Stuarted

Maurice

A Dapol 0-6-0 Panier.
My latest purchase. I guess this will be a preserved locomotive used for occasional excursions. Picked it up from an American dealer for $50. After some lubrication and letting it break-in on a circle of track, it runs well.

grumbeast

So Aberffilli is being expanded right now so is a bit of a mess for as video, but some overtime and encouragement from the financial controller has allowed me to get this beauty! I know the South Wales Valleys wasn't exactly where you might see a Duchess but my railroad, my rules right :)

Despite being a GWR guy kinda, I've always thought the Duchesses were just beautiful and in maroon, well doesn't get much better does it!

dannyboy

Quote from: grumbeast on October 11, 2023, 04:30:15 PMI've always thought the Duchesses were just beautiful and in maroon,

Totally agree. I have three, one in black, 'City Of Bradford' and two 'Duchess Of Hamilton', one in green and one in maroon - the maroon one does look the nicest.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations