Political events over the last couple of days (in particular)

Started by Newportnobby, July 07, 2022, 11:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

We all should know political comments are banned from the forum, yet I'm also conscious we can't bury our heads in the sand and pretend events aren't happening. Sadly there will always be those who choose to turn to politics to maybe vent their spleen.
I'm not saying that was the case with a post today but I have 'Unapproved' it pending further discussion withing the Mod/Admin team so please bear with us

exmouthcraig

So MY POST which was put up after written confirmation of my divorce being finalised landed on my doormat was deemed political by someone!!!!

There's what could be described as wilful destruction of this forum by members along with borderline harassment yet we will let that slide!!!

A simple image describing the relief MY news brought me just so happened to coincide with some clown making the news

WHAT A VERY SAD DAY!!!!!!!

Adam1701D

Apologies. I was too taken up with my own celebrations!
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Newportnobby

Quote from: exmouthcraig on July 07, 2022, 11:25:44 AM
So MY POST which was put up after written confirmation of my divorce being finalised landed on my doormat was deemed political by someone!!!!

There's what could be described as wilful destruction of this forum by members along with borderline harassment yet we will let that slide!!!

A simple image describing the relief MY news brought me just so happened to coincide with some clown making the news

@exmouthcraig I also apologise, Craig but, like captainelectra, took it to be about today's events. Let's face it, we're hardly likely to have known what else it could be. By all means repost it but please make it clear what has made you so happy. Having been through that twice I know just how you feel. You drunk yet? ;)

Nbodger

Interesting peoples interpretations of @exmouthcraig earlier post, I personally didn't take it to be political in any way, but something more personal to him. Indeed I intended to post a reply stating "What you leaving the forum again" but Mrs N dragged me away to take the cocker out.

jpendle

Quote from: Nbodger on July 07, 2022, 12:51:31 PM
but Mrs N dragged me away to take the cocker out.

:o :goggleeyes: :o

Please, this is a family forum!

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

emjaybee

I have REALLY got to stop scan reading and read posts thoroughly.

:worried:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest10040

@exmouthcraig 's post was quite clear to me, and so not political in any way.

I assume his ex got custody of the horses, well he couldn't have them in his flat could he ?

reference the political content construed as being part of his post.......

I decline to make any comment, though I will say it is a great day today ...

the sun is shining ...
the fields are cut
and HB is happy.

I decline to make any further comment  >:D

guest10040

OK, further comment ......
@exmouthcraig  chose to make a PERSONAL post, which the PC brigade immediately took to be a political comment about a certain politician ....

never mind read the post properly
never mind try to see where he is coming from..
just leap in, and decide this is a political comment  :veryangry:

any thought of PM'ing him to see what he meant - of course not
just charge - try - convict as usual without the facts.

having been on the sharp end of this many times in my previous incarnation, I have learnt that you have to be VERY, VERY, VERY careful or you will upset the PC brigade who have seemed to have taken over the forum.

any chance to defend yourself - forget it
charged, tried - found guilty [of not complying with their personal beliefs] and sentenced

this forum used to be great, you could have a laugh, express views, and if you overstepped the line, be advised.

now a comment re a [unfortunate and personal matter] results in a whiplash response [ oh er Betty, thigh boots and whip] resulting in a post being 'under review, just because it occurred on the same day as a certain political event [no comment] occurred.

I cannot help but wonder if Craig was PM'd to ascertain the actual subject of his post, but from previous experience I'd guess not.

ok, no political comments, but who decided that this post was political ?

soon no one, apart from a chosen few who it seems can say whatever they want, will be able to make any comments on this forum.

get a grip, show some sense, and if a post is POSSIBLY outsde the rule, why not actually contact the person to see what they meant.

surprisingly, the world does not revolve around a certain politician !!!!!!!

Railwaygun

I've just seen the original,post, and I took it as a political comment   Hence action justified..

Suggest it is restored with an appropriate informative comment.
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

guest10040

I'd say that comment says it all .
you took it as political...
it wasn't but don't let the facts actually dictate the outcome/.

exmouthcraig

The "offensive" post has been removed by me and will not be reinstated with any form of background information as to why I posted it.

Personal friends on the forum clearly read it the way it was intended so that's good enough for me.

Topic closed!

guest10040

THREE RESOUNDING CHEERS FOR @exmouthcraig

there are a number of members on this forum for whom I have the greatest respect...
there is a particular mod on this forum for whom I also have the greatest respect..

there are also a number of members and mods who I have no respect for.

we'll see what the result of my posts in support of Craig are, probably the result will be that I no longer bother with the forum.

we'll see.

Craig you are an inspiration with your projects, and may I humbly say I am proud to be able to consider you a friend.

Bigmac

Quote from: exmouthcraig on July 07, 2022, 11:25:44 AM

it wasnt me.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Tank

Quote from: Redcap244 on July 07, 2022, 07:52:58 PM
there are a number of members on this forum for whom I have the greatest respect...
there is a particular mod on this forum for whom I also have the greatest respect..

there are also a number of members and mods who I have no respect for.

Waiting for the Nato coffee and jaffa cake joke....

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations