Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

2nd one from the right looks a bit grubby, looks like it could do with a quick wipe-down with a damp cloth  :angel:

mickster04

I have just received these back from the chippy (Wicknes models) at the same time, my new parcels point arrived!

[smg id=40290 type=preview align=center caption="Here come the gronks"]

simontk

[smg id=40291 type=preview align=center caption="HG"]
This was a freeby from my Train club, in Hazel Grove !
It was made by Dapol. Quite a nice thought you not think ?

talisman56

Quote from: simontk on June 01, 2016, 07:29:02 AM

Is it not the wrong size?  ???
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

N-Gauge-US

A very nice thought indeed!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Skyline2uk

Quote from: mickster04 on June 01, 2016, 05:07:06 AM
I have just received these back from the chippy (Wicknes models) at the same time, my new parcels point arrived!

[smg id=40290 type=preview align=center caption="Here come the gronks"]

Woo! Another Ivor has a home  :D

Glad to see these doing ok, want Bach/Farish to keep doing NSE like Dapol have done  ;)

Skyline2uk

simontk

Quote from: talisman56 on June 01, 2016, 09:05:57 AM

Is it not the wrong size?  ???

Yes its OO but it was still a nice gift.

paulprice

Whatever scale you get them in, it's always nice to get a gift, and its a cracking looking model

simontk

I have got a OO scale Tram layout I started early last year.
So as I WILL no doubt go back to it when I finish my N gauge, I will have to purchase a OO Loco. I will ask Dapol if they can produce any more, so I can have a few of them.

davidinyork

It's not very often that it's possible to pick up bargains online these days, but at the weekend I spotted a second-hand blue Farish 47 which had just been listed on Hattons' website as a non-runner, at a very reasonable price - so I bought it to see if I could repair it, and if not try to convert it to a dummy.

It arrived today and on removing the body the melted decoder was fairly obvious! Pulled it out and put a blanking plate in, and it's one of the smoothest-running locos I have, and the lights all work properly too!

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: davidinyork on June 01, 2016, 06:07:55 PM
It's not very often that it's possible to pick up bargains online these days, but at the weekend I spotted a second-hand blue Farish 47 which had just been listed on Hattons' website as a non-runner, at a very reasonable price - so I bought it to see if I could repair it, and if not try to convert it to a dummy.

It arrived today and on removing the body the melted decoder was fairly obvious! Pulled it out and put a blanking plate in, and it's one of the smoothest-running locos I have, and the lights all work properly too!

Very nice! They have another loco listed as having a blown decoder but no other issues that I was interested in, as it is well below MSRP for a new one. Maybe I should take a second look...
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Trainfish

Quote from: newportnobby on May 31, 2016, 10:13:51 AM
I'm liking the 7 x 20 tonners, John :drool:

I've got Adam Ant to thank for the coal wagons (all were £3.50 each), the Hymek and the Warship. If I hadn't gone to see him perform in Portsmouth then I wouldn't have gone to Portsmouth model shop or Ron Lines in Southampton. I hate going to Ron Lines in particular as it always costs me about £100 to get out of the shop!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

I can now run 4x full length HSTs. And my tanker rake has grown by 1  :thumbsup:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Kaian

Took a small diversion home yesterday (as I didn't have the kids with me) to Alton Models.
Just fancied getting something to add to the collection.

Craig

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations