Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

That's great news, Neal :claphappy:
When I was made repugnant at the end of 2006 the company car was hardly the benefit it used to be owing to successive governments try to tax them off the road. Hope it doesn't hit you too hard in the pocket (but I'm sure you haven't moved for less money??)

Trainfish

Quote from: Calnefoxile on April 20, 2020, 06:17:25 PM

Yiippee  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

I've got a new job and I've handed in my notice today. I currently work for Capit as a Field Service Engineer looking after the Control Room systems and Communications for the Emergency Services and on the 1st June I start with South Western Ambulance Service Trust as a Radio & Data Systems Engineer.

I've been with Capita/Sungard/Vivista for 12 1/2 years, but now is the right time to move on to pastures new and when you get told "Apply for the job & it's pretty much yours" by the person who's going to be my new Boss, well it'd be rude not to take it on  ;) ;)

Only downside is I lose my Company Car and have to now buy my own, which means for the 1st time in 12 1/2 years I've got to Tax, Insure and put my own fuel into a car. Ahh well can't have everything.

Just thought I'd share that  :D :D

Regards

Neal.

Well done Neal @Calnefoxile ! It sounds like a mobile position so I'm sure you'll get paid for business mileage which usually pays for itself to be honest.

Does that mean you'll have extra train money?  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

I am in shock!  :o. As some of you may be aware, we do not have an NHS as such in Ireland so all medical costs, for most people, like visits to the Doctor, prescriptions, Dentist etc., have to be paid for up front. However, tax payers can claim the tax back on payments made, in the year following the payments. Every year, in March or April, I submit a claim for my medical expenses for the previous year. I logged onto the Revenue site yesterday and had to alter a couple of details and then found out I could not submit the medical expenses claim yet as I had somehow started a new tax assessment. "Oh dear me", thinks I, "I will have to submit a claim later".  I received an email this morning, (less than 24 hours later), stating that there was a new document for me to read. I duly logged onto the Revenue site and checked the document.  :goggleeyes:. The document says, (and I have checked it umpteen times), that between us, Louisa and myself overpaid tax last year - to the tune of €1,489.29 :jawdropping: It also says that a payment of €162.48 and another of €1,326.81 will be paid into my bank account. I can't have got it wrong - can I? (And I have not yet submitted the claim for medical expenses  :)).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Graham

sounds like a good bit of modelling money there.

dannyboy

And I have decided, over the last couple of days, to thin out my rolling stock! (Watch out for some forthcoming lists - if anybody has any particular requirements, PM me  ;)).
David.

daffy

Great news for you David. :thumbsup:
A goodly sum to treat yourself and Louisa at the end of this madness.
:beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Papyrus

Today, Mrs Papyrus and I have been together, and in this house, for 25 years! It took us over 20 years to actually getting round to tying the knot, but you can't rush these things (post #2786 on page 186 of this thread applies, if you're interested...). We have been very lucky to live in the nicest road (in our opinion) in a lovely village and the neighbours are very tolerant and haven't asked us to leave... The only downside is we can't go out for a pub meal to celebrate...  :(

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

@dannyboy That's almost enough for you both to spend a couple of weeks in your front room!! :claphappy:

dannyboy

Quote from: daffy on April 21, 2020, 10:41:12 AM

A goodly sum to treat yourself and Louisa at the end of this madness.

Who?  :smiley-laughing:
David.

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 21, 2020, 10:44:18 AM
@dannyboy That's almost enough for you both to spend a couple of weeks in your front room!! :claphappy:

Might even have a day trip to the dining room.  :)
David.

port perran

Congratulation to Mr and Mrs P.
25 years in the same house is a great achievement.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Delboy

@dannyboy , why don't you organize a trip to the bathroom in loo of the rebate you are about to receive. :D
I would say "I'll get my coat" but for the fact that is better than your daily groaners.
:P
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

daffy

Quote from: port perran on April 21, 2020, 11:53:44 AM
Congratulation to Mr and Mrs P.
25 years in the same house is a great achievement.

Hear, hear! :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

@Delboy No point in getting your coat - you can't go anywhere. ;)
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations