How many locos do you have

Started by Dorsetmike, February 21, 2015, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on adding more class 47's to my fleet too.   I bet no one can guess what my favorite class of loco is can they.

Ditape

Quote from: Dorsetmike on February 23, 2015, 01:38:42 PM
Quote from: Ditape on February 23, 2015, 01:04:16 PM
I currently have 20 n gauge locos,15 OO locos, 1 O gauge and 2 On30.

Do you have layouts for each scale?
I forgot I have 3 t-gauge  locos as well, as to layouts I have n, t and oo proper layouts at various levels of completion and O gauge shunting plank.
Diane Tape

trainsdownunder

There are some collections listed here and no-one has even dared to mention rolling stock !
Mine for the record

64  Santa Fe diesels units from all eras and styles including KodaChrome and Vomit bonnet colour schemes
9    Santa Fe Steamers of varying years and sizes from dockyard shunters 040 to a BigBoy
15  BNSF Swoosh and C44-9w in H1, H2 and Black & Gold
4    BNSF GP38 H2
5    GG1s. 2 of which of Bicentennial versions.
2    Burlington Northern F3 (with matching cars)
3    BN SD40-2
3    2-8-0 Consolidations various RR Black
2    2-6-0 South Pacific
2    GS4 4-8-4
4    Doodlebugs
6    Various Union Pacific diesels SD40-2 and SD 70
6    Various Switching diesels (SW2, MP15 etc) in varying RR
2    Budd Rail cars
6    Heritage Range Diesels
3    Western Pacific F3s (ABA set)
3    PA1 D&RGW (ABA set)

At least that's what the DB shows at the moment. Plus others that aren't listed that are up for sale as I try to get it down to what I really want.

Then there's my HO.........

New layout in progress at present which is U shaped approx 4m x 5m x 4m being built in Unitrack

Webbo

Trainsdownunder

Vomit bonnet indeed! I think the best looking diesel of all time from anywhere is the Santa Fe Alco PA/PB in warbonnet colours - vomit bonnet colours I assume. My old steamers are also Santa Fe. The 2-8-8-2 Mallet has pride of place.

With well over 100 locos, I suspect you have over a thousand freight cars - yikes!

Ian

1936ace

Me :not enough!
The wife :way too many
Love to have more but like many of us family/money restricts the buys. So what I'm trying to get one of each to give me variety
Bart

trainsdownunder

Quote from: Webbo on February 24, 2015, 04:24:12 AM
Trainsdownunder

Vomit bonnet indeed! I think the best looking diesel of all time from anywhere is the Santa Fe Alco PA/PB in warbonnet colours - vomit bonnet colours I assume. My old steamers are also Santa Fe. The 2-8-8-2 Mallet has pride of place.

With well over 100 locos, I suspect you have over a thousand freight cars - yikes!

Ian

Vomit bonnet is a War bonnet design in BNSF exec colour scheme - not to be confused with the Red or Yellow War Bonnet
[smg id=22026 type=preview align=center caption="9647"]

Ps Rolling stock fills an 6 drawer filling cabinet plus 2 x 80 litr packing crates in the shed of unsorted stuff.

Webbo

Thanks

I learned something useful today. The loco in the picture is a handsome specimen. Where do they get the vomit nomenclature from?

trainsdownunder

Sea Sick Green !

I just realised I missed my 6 GP/SD range of Burlington (Red) as opposed to BN (green) and my 6 Old timer locos of the list

Mirrlees

British stock

Locos 143  Coaches 326  Wagons 1216  Units 83  HST 16  Road Vehicles 9

US Stock

Locos 21  Wagons 193

European Stock

Locos CoachesWagons 18  TGV 1

This list excludes items for conversion  :bounce:
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Agrippa

I presume your layout is not a shunting puzzle..... :D
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

MikeDunn

I dunno ... with that number, more like a nightmare than a puzzle  :no:

austinbob

That list reads more like Hattons N gauge inventory!
???
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

PostModN66

Quote from: Mirrlees on February 24, 2015, 04:06:48 PM
British stock

US Stock

Locos 21  Wagons 193

European Stock

You're a bit short of road vehicles Tim - I have a few spares, would you like me to send you some?!!  :-\

Cheers  Jon  :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

talisman56

Quote from: PostModN66 on February 24, 2015, 04:42:24 PM
Quote from: Mirrlees on February 24, 2015, 04:06:48 PM
British stock

US Stock

Locos 21  Wagons 193

European Stock

You're a bit short of road vehicles Tim - I have a few spares, would you like me to send you some?!!  :-\

Cheers  Jon  :)

Needs a few more wagons too. Assuming a 10 coach train, that's 33 passenger trains, leaving 110 locos. Divide into wagons that's only about 11 wagons per loco... :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

MikeDunn

Did you factor in double-heading ?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations