N-Train / Electra Class 325 Parcels EMU

Started by Adam1701D, February 24, 2015, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

If you follow the Electra or N-Train Facebook pages, you may be aware that the long-awaited Class 325 EMU is fast approaching release. Bob has finished the CAD for the bodies and the vinyls are at the final tweaking stage.

We are now taking expressions of interest, in order to assess how many sets to order for the initial batch. If you are interested, please let me know - no obligation at all.

The plan is for a 4-car set incorporating one-piece 3D printed bodies, TPM bogies, metal wheels and Electra vinyls. Motorising is up to the buyer but a Tomix TM-18 or Farish 150 chassis could be used.

Price is to be finalised but expected to be around £150 for the un-motorised kit, depending on the component costs.

First draft of the vintyl sides - some work to go, particularly with the windscreens.

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

steam-driven boy

Hi Adam,
One expression of interest for two 4-car sets  :thumbsup:

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

NTrain

[smg id=22055 type=preview align=center caption="325DMS"]

2 of these will be winging their way to Adam for further checking. With any luck, these are the production shells.

There are 2 components left, which have not been 3D printed and checked. Further news will be released once I have these done.

ps Other projects are moving along, to follow shortly after this kit is released.

alibuchan

I think I could be persuaded to have 1 set if not 2.

Alistair

Waited a long time for these :bounce:

Cannot wait for release :thumbsup:

Cheers, Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

acko22

Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

red_death

Hi Bob

Would you consider a version in FUD for the bodyshells without vinyls for those of us who don't like WSF?

Personally, I think that disguising the transition from WSF to vinyl is going to be difficult particularly where the areas are the same colour eg red.

Cheers, Mike

PostModN66

Quote from: red_death on February 25, 2015, 05:02:55 PM
Hi Bob

Would you consider a version in FUD for the bodyshells without vinyls for those of us who don't like WSF?

Personally, I think that disguising the transition from WSF to vinyl is going to be difficult particularly where the areas are the same colour eg red.

Cheers, Mike

What's wrong with WSF?  Does FUD take paint better?

Cheers  Jon  :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

red_death

Quote from: PostModN66 on February 25, 2015, 05:56:33 PM
What's wrong with WSF?  Does FUD take paint better?

Hi Jon

WSF (for me) is too lacking in crisp detail with a porous finish.
FUD is much crisper and smoother (but much more expensive).  FUD is OK to paint provided it is cleaned properly.

My view (and I don't expect everyone to share them) is that FUD/FD is the only material close enough to the quality of resin or injection moulded plastic to be really useful for modelling visible surfaces in N.

Cheers, Mike

porkie

:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

EtchedPixels

Definitely WSF from my point of view - its easier to work with, long term stable and polishes up better for a smooth vehicle than FUD.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

NTrain

For anyone wanting FUD, I will ensure that it will be available as an option.

There will be cost implication and I will work that out when I get a bit further along in the testing.

The standard kit will be WSF, with FUD (or equivalent) detail parts.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations