Rapido Peak announced

Started by Brian-1c, September 09, 2022, 01:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Morris

Quote from: Bigmac on September 09, 2022, 08:58:52 PM
Quote from: Chris Morris on September 09, 2022, 07:23:14 PM
All my locos so far have been either Dapol or Farish with one recent exception - the Kato 800. My purchasing plans for next year so far are quite different. A Sonic large prairie and a Rapido Peak. How times change. Don't worry I won't allow these planned items on the layout at the same time, that would be so wrong.

why wouldnt you run a peak and a large prairie at the same time ?
I like to do things proper on my N gauge layout. I only run locos and stock that are appropriate for the location of my layout. I also only run locos of the same era together. So  the prairie would run with my 1959 stock and the 45/46 will only allowed in blue livery when running with stock suitable for the 1970s. A small number of green peaks were seen in the area but really blue livery is the appropriate one. In fact I need two blue ones - a pre tops one with headcode to represent early 1970s and run with Westerns and a Tops one with either dominos or removed headcode box to run with 50s and HSTs.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Bob G

Quote from: Chris Morris on September 10, 2022, 06:57:57 AM
All my locos so far have been either Dapol or Farish with one recent exception - the Kato 800. My purchasing plans for next year so far are quite different. A Sonic large prairie and a Rapido Peak. How times change. Don't worry I won't allow these planned items on the layout at the same time, that would be so wrong.

I like to do things proper on my N gauge layout. I only run locos and stock that are appropriate for the location of my layout. I also only run locos of the same era together. So  the prairie would run with my 1959 stock and the 45/46 will only allowed in blue livery when running with stock suitable for the 1970s. A small number of green peaks were seen in the area but really blue livery is the appropriate one. In fact I need two blue ones - a pre tops one with headcode to represent early 1970s and run with Westerns and a Tops one with either dominos or removed headcode box to run with 50s and HSTs.

Don't forget that the named 46 was in green livery until about 1973 IIRC and somewhere I have seen a photo of it at Plymouth in green SYP livery.
Brilliant loco choice. Will go well with the Revolution first gen DMU I hope.

Bigmac

Quote from: Chris Morris on September 10, 2022, 06:57:57 AM

i only think of diesels being green.  preferably without yellow panels on the front.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

ohlavache

More details can now be found here:
https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/174139-n-gauge-class-44-with-45-46-to-follow/

First the class 44 will be produced.
The process has just started one month ago and thus is still at an early stage.

ohlavache

And on Hatton's web site, the list of the liveries that will be produced is already provided:
948001, D1 'Scafell Pike' in BR plain green
948002, D7 'Ingleborough' in BR plain green
948003, D2 'Helvellyn' in BR green with small yellow panels & white body stripe
948004, D5 'Cross Fell' in BR green with small yellow panels
948005, D6 'Whernside' in BR green with full yellow ends
948006, D3 'Skiddaw' in BR blue
948007, 44007 'Ingleborough' in BR blue
948008, 44008 / D8 'Penyghent' in BR blue (as preserved 1979 to 1981)
948009, D4 'Great Gable' in BR blue (as preserved 2022)

Woodenhead

It'll be either D4 sye or D5 fye for me, though I think the sye really suits the peaks.

Luke Piewalker

I think my Farish one will cover my class 44 requirements. Probably be up for adding another 45 to the roster though.

NGS-PO

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations