Ratio Kit 241

Started by petercharlesfagg, January 28, 2014, 05:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

My next bridge will be the Ratio 241 Steel truss span and I am a little perplexed!

Studying the instructions there is nothing to inform me of the location of a steel girder?

Looking at this second image I can understand where the railings are mounted but the girder underneath the railings?

That said I found another discrepancy! 

Reading the instructions about joining the sections it says "Cement the joining plate between adjacent bridge deck units"?

Joining plate is not included, is this the same for everyone?

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

rhysapthomas

Hi

Are you sure the picture is the ratio kit it looks like a peco turntable side it even has the dummy wheels

Malc

I'd give them a ring and tell them to sack the person in the packing department. As the previous poster said, that is part of the turntable kit, not the bridge. You have probably got that instead of the joining plate. You just can't get the staff these days..etc.etc...
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

ParkeNd

A 241 kit seems to be just one span - the joining plate appears to be part of a 242 kit which extends the bridge to two or more spans. So no joining plate in a 241 kit.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: ParkeNd on January 28, 2014, 07:11:37 PM
A 241 kit seems to be just one span - the joining plate appears to be part of a 242 kit which extends the bridge to two or more spans. So no joining plate in a 241 kit.

The 242 kit is for two trestles, I purchased that only a couple of weeks ago, no joining plate in there!

Peter.

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

ParkeNd

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on January 28, 2014, 07:25:54 PM
Quote from: ParkeNd on January 28, 2014, 07:11:37 PM

The 242 kit is for two trestles, I purchased that only a couple of weeks ago, no joining plate in there!

Peter.

Peter. Just a question since the instruction page you show recommends DAYWAT glue which I think is fairly old. Were these kits bought new from someone like Hattons - or via eBay?

daveg

Quote from: rhysapthomas on January 28, 2014, 05:14:07 PM
Hi

Are you sure the picture is the ratio kit it looks like a peco turntable side it even has the dummy wheels

Have to agree.

Send it back and get a new one!

Dave G

Zunnan

Its one and the same, the bridge deck is also the turntable deck. The handrails are common between the two kits and also happen to be on the same sprue as the turntable sides, which are redundant for the bridge construction. What you have there is a nice freebie scratch aid for making a plate girder road bridge if you chop the spare turntable sides down a bit ;)
Like a Phoenix from the ashes...morelike a rotten old Dog Bone

daveg

Now that's really helpful info.

Thanks Zunnan  :)

Dave G

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Zunnan on January 28, 2014, 10:10:07 PM
Its one and the same, the bridge deck is also the turntable deck. The handrails are common between the two kits and also happen to be on the same sprue as the turntable sides, which are redundant for the bridge construction. What you have there is a nice freebie scratch aid for making a plate girder road bridge if you chop the spare turntable sides down a bit ;)

Friends,
This morning I telephoned Peco and s[poke to a Mr. Beard who reiterated just what our friend Dave stated, that the sections are the same as for the turntable it is just cheaper to produce  the one section than make a new pressing section for the bridges!

Just a pity that such information is not an addendum on the instruction sheet!

Regards, Peter.

daveg

I had a similar experience with their single engine shed. Extra pieces not identified that turned out to be for something completely different.

Peco do seem to be helpful when you call but most confusing when things aren't explained!

Glad you got it sorted.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations