Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbdave

I got home today to some belated birthday gifts a Dapol 58 EWS and some mini monster box wagons out of choice I would have avoided Dapol due to nothing I've had from them has ever worked well and back up service has been non existant but as I have not paid for this I'll give it a chance and it was a very kind and well thought out gift.

I am impressed with the looks and so far running in is going well so fingers crossed

[smg id=5148 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

[smg id=5150 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

The wagons and train not sure it would have pulled these and the flats but I'm sure I'll be advised, what would the wagons have carried?

[smg id=5151 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

[smg id=5152 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

Dave

Bealman

Hey, NICE gifts! Totally out of my era, but if anyone presented me with those I'd be very happy. I'd run 'em anyhow.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

bbdave

So far so good I have done the running in and it has been flawless not a stutter from it so it looks like a good un it is very smooth and quiet. I don't have an era just running what I like really.

Dave

scottishlocos

Hi Dave

Loco and wagons look good I think these are used for spoil and spent ballast from engineering works on the track they are low sided so they don't get overloaded and are cut down mega box wagons.

Hope that helps

Regards

Dave

bbdave

Thanks that's handy to know I think I'll make some loads up for them.

Dave

trainsdownunder

Been thinking about a small town layout which resulted in a couple of recent bargains.

First Trolley has a small bogey covering missing but other than that runs fine - US 19.87 inc PP

[smg id=5164][smg id=5165]

Bought this lot as non runners AUD $41.68 inc PP

[smg id=5170]

After a clean up and all the solid grease and gunk removed the 2 Brill Trolleys are now fine. Just need a new bulb in one end of the Christmas one.

[smg id=5166]

Again clean up and de-grease, followed by re-oil etc means the IC runs okay (ready for Ebay)

[smg id=5173]

Full strip on the little steamer has revealed that brushes are worn and jamming the motor. Temp repair has it running but new brushes etc on order. Will sell on when completed.

[smg id=5172]

All in all very pleased. Now got to think about that Trolley layout !

Gooner1953

I've received back from Douglas Stewart at Wickness (http://www.wicknessmodels.co.uk/) my Black 5 and Hall that he was converting to DCC sound. I'm well chuffed (sorry about that!) with the final result.

Douglas always posts a video of the converted loco for his customers to view before final payment which is a nice touch..

Black 5
Graham Farish Black 5 DCC Sound Conversion
Hall
Dapol Hall Class DCC Sound Conversion

I've already got one of his Warship conversions, just need to decide what to send him next month!

Cheers
Nick

Bealman

bigbob

stevieboy

bigbob

Very smooth and plenty of power to pull anything!!

ianz

just purchased this via ebay for £37 with scale bogie from N Brass Locos, I love the Stanier Black 5`s

Bealman

Quote from: bigbob on May 24, 2013, 08:32:12 PM
Very smooth and plenty of power to pull anything!!
But, as someone else on this forum pointed out, a face only a mother could love.....  :D

Pete Mc

Hmmm,as I have only seen a class 70 once in the flesh,or metal,when it came through Doncaster whilst I was parked up,I thought at that time,what a truely,monstrously,catastrophically ugly thing it was.

Funny thing is,that when I saw it at a show,York I think,my mind started to change a bit.I'm now thinking its ugliness is charming.I once owned an MG Maestro so I know ugliness and that car was charm personified,well,it was to me anyway.

Anyway,as with the class 66's,I'm now thinking that perhaps I may at some point buy one and a 66.At this moment in time though,I'm going to continue buying sound decoders and DCC soundamabobbing the loco's,dmu's and hst's that I already have.I'm doing my class 47 at the moment,its much easier than the class 24,then a class 20 is up next.

With Wigan only a few weeks away,I have no new loco's on my to buy list so I guess a little bit of pcb with some bits on and wires attached is what I'll be coming home with,or two!!

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Ollie3440

I decided to treat myself to our new arrivals at work :D

It's such a nice runner and has so far had two hours of perfect running :D

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations