Does anyone know of an ex LSWR Push-Pull Set kit?

Started by TimothyB, December 22, 2011, 08:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimothyB

Hello everyone,

I am looking for an ex-LSWR Push-Pull set to go with my recently acquired M7 from e-Bay.  I'm fairly certain that nothing exists RTR-wise, but does anyone know of a suitable kit or even a conversion kit for Farish or Dapol coaches that would work - and still available to buy?

Would one of the old Farish suburban coaches do for the inner part of the set?, in which case I'm only looking to source the Driving Coach - apologies but I can't remember the correct designation.

As a last resort does anyone have any tips on 'RTR-bashing' a Brake coach to make the driving coach and what would be involved?

BTW Mods., if this has been posted in the wrong place, please accept my apologies.

Regards to all and Seasons Greetings,

Timothy.

BernardTPM

Depends on what sort of push-pull set you're looking for. The 'gate' stock is nothing like the old Farish suburbans as it is saloon, not compartment. On the other hand, ex-LSWR 'Ironclad' corridor coaches were rebuilt into push-pull units later. Those could be converted from either the suburbans or the old Farish corridor coaches. About 45 years ago there was an article in the Railway Modeller about converting the Farish 00 suburbans - essentially the N gauge versions could be altered in the same way.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations