Help required re model figuresfor cars

Started by port perran, January 11, 2019, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

My 87 year old father collects model cars in 00 scale and bigger.
He's asked me to try to source some figures especially drivers and passengers.
I've had a quick look but it seems that seated figures for cars are difficult to come by. Seems ok if I want military figures or racing drivers but ordinary civilians are proving difficult to find.
So, does anyone know of a good source.
Many Thanks
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

ntpntpntp

Preiser do loads of seated figures in many scales.  Obviously the fully painted ones aren't cheap but you can get unpainted packs for some of them.    It's possible to perform surgery, eg. move the arms to be holding a steering wheel.   just be prepared to remove lower legs if you want them to fit in vehicles!

[edit] ... and of course if Preiser do them then there are probably some cheap chinese knock-offs on ebay  :D [/edit]
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Dorsetmike

Had a Google through "seated model figures" images, loads of them - BUT none in a suitable driving position; looks like a bit of surgery would be needed, find some with the arms not actually moulded in their lap, on their knees etc, carefully cut off arms and reposition, if they are not already seated amputate legs
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

johnlambert

For OO "scale" you might be better off with standing figures. If they are having their legs removed anyway it doesn't matter that they aren't in a seated position and the arms are more likely to be moulded away from the body.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations