World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Oh dear. The much vaunted teams of Portugal and Spain have been shown up by much lesser teams tonight and could only manage draws against Iran and Morocco respectively. I thought Morocco themselves played so well.

bridgiesimon

I think that the biggest frustration this evening was the appalling behavior/acting of certain players and the nonsense with the replays and the ref going off to see stuff, maybe watching episodes of Eastenders or somet during the Portugal/Iran game!

Roll on tomorrows matches, here's hoping for an Argentina exit!!

Simon

DarrwestLU6

Quote from: port perran on June 24, 2018, 12:34:13 PM
Come on England!
We completed our beach walk early today so that we could be home in time to tune in.  A beautiful day here as you can see.
Looking forward to 6-0!

Very pretty!
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 25, 2018, 08:57:26 PM
Oh dear. The much vaunted teams of Portugal and Spain have been shown up by much lesser teams tonight and could only manage draws against Iran and Morocco respectively. I thought Morocco themselves played so well.
In the office our portuguese youngster showed up late, still showing signs of a near heart attack...  :bounce:

I think the two favorites (Portugal and Spain) would have deserved to loose yesterday.

Now let's see whether Island can succeed.
And whether tomorrow the Germans play black-red-mustard or black-red-gold.

[gmod]Please let's not give nationalities rude names[/gmod]
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

port perran

That was some goal by Messi.
Maybe not spectacular but his two touches were absolutely sublime.
Stunning control.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

scottmitchell74

The pass, his control, and the shot made for quite a gorgeous sequence. Thought it was fantastic!

Glad to see Argentina playing with more pep today. That Croatia match was weird.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Newportnobby

Good to see Nigeria equalise although the decision was a bit harsh I thought. Ref should have booked several Argentinian players for dissent/argument/offputting tactics >:D

Great to see the look on Mr Blobby's face :D

scottmitchell74

:laughabovepost: Do you mean Maradona? If so...funny!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

bridgiesimon

Yeah, mr hand of god himself!!.

Bealman

Not a good result for the Aussies this morning  :(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

No good results yesterday. Watched the Aussie game in the local with my friends behind the bar from Down Under. Twas a shame. Two of them are going back to Perth after 8 months today so was sad to say goodbye as well  :(.

Didn't see the later games but not the results I wanted.

Never did like Tuesdays. Anyway, onwards and upwards. Come on South Korea  :)

Cheers weave  :beers:

Webbo

I too was disappointed that Oz did not do better in the game against Peru. The truth is that we don't have any players who can score goals. All very fine to have the majority of the possession, but if you don't have a shooter who's capable of hitting the target, you're sunk. I watched the Australia-Peru game, and if I remember rightly, the Peru keeper did not have to make any saves. Our guys had a number of shots, but they were wide or over the goal - not good enough! The only 2 goals our Socceroos have scored in the WC have been off penalty shots.

The upside of being eliminated is that we here can enjoy the next games for their own sakes without having a heart-attack causing stake in whoever wins.

Webbo

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

Basically I felt that they were not playing as a team. I reffed high school soccer for most of my working career, and while I wouldn't say Australia were that bad, high school kids all thought they were the hero and wouldn't play as a team.

I just got that feeling from that game.

Anyway, all over now  :(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

One of the girls behind the bar (who shall remain nameless  ;)) said 'I think I might support England now'.

MIGHT!

Considering we were all supporting Australia I thought that was a pretty bad show.

Emma from Adelaide, you should be ashamed.

Actually, she was after the gentle abuse she got and is now a fully fledged England fan (whether she means it, we'll probably never know).

Once again, a shame for the Socceroos but hope you enjoy the rest of it.

Cheers weave  :beers:

scottmitchell74

Weirdest scene ever. Mexico gets demolished...yet they're delirious with joy because Germany loses!! What a morning!!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations