Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC

Apparently they still have some at Hattons. And they're a whole 2 pence cheaper than I paid! :doh:
I didn't need to pay for postage though being in a brick and mortar store  :laugh:
My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

Bealman

Yet another flat out of my modelling period (I liked the shunters wagon on this thread) but very nice all the same.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

lil chris

My latest purchases,the class 47 already has a chip fitted for DCC but the others require fitting.The Dapol 9F as a 6 pin socket in the tender I believe,mind the coal load is missing off the loco. The dealer who supplied me is trying to get one for me, he gave me a load off another loco which I think I can make fit. I bought the 4mt because of the line I am modeling, there where a lot of Fairbourne and Stanier tanks used on the line.

I really need to crack on with finishing wiring up the points then I can run these babies.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Bealman

Good era, great buy! The blackened wheels look the part. Love the spaceship! Was going to ask how they perform, but I gather from your post you haven't ran 'em yet?

lil chris

I am on DCC and I have run the class 47,it runs nice. I have seen the 9F run at the dealers,it needs a chip fitting but not the 4mt which is the weathered model, perhaps I should wire up a piece of track as dc to see how it runs,need to any way before I convert to DCC. I would imagine I might be able to get a chip this weekend if I go to York.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

MJKERR

Dapol Mark 3 coaches in Blue / Grey and INTERCITY livery, fitted with light bars, along with many of the other ScotRail push-pull sets, and locomotives ready for duties

petercharlesfagg

Friends,
I have just secured my first locomotive which I purchased on Ebay, it is new and I finally got it for £44.00 inc. P&P.

It is American (obviously) and will be a good start to my American railroad train.

Next on the list will be an English locomotive and then a German.

Apologies for the image it is off Ebay.

According to the information in the heading it is:
Alco RS2 Frisco No551, Lifelike Proto No 920-75120 by Walthers

Doesn't mean a thing to me, I just like the colour scheme!

According to the Walthers site this is:-

St. Louis-San Francisco "Frisco" #551
Walthers Part # 920-75120
N scale, $99.98, sold out at Walthers

Vintage Diesels are Perfect for 1940s to 1970s Layouts

* All-New Model

* DCC-Friendly Mechanism w/Clip-Fit Circuit Board

* Accumate Knuckle Couplers

* All-Wheel Drive & Electrical Pickup

* Dual Machined brass Flywheels

* Constant Intensity & Directional Headlights

* RP-25 Wheels Operate on Code 55 & Larger Rail

* Heavy Diecast Split-Frame Chassis

* Powerful Skew-Wound Motor

The RS-2 was Alco's first roadswitcher to incorporate its new 244-Series prime mover. The 1,500-horsepower units were designed for versatility - they were equally at home working road freights or switch runs. If equipped with a steam generator, they were adept at working commuter and secondary passenger runs. Production began in 1946 with just over 350 units constructed for U.S. and Canadian roads before the unit was succeeded by the 1,600-horsepower RS-3 in 1950 (although a few late RS-2s were rated at 1,600 horsepower).

RS-2s have worked for Class I, shortline and industrial lines across the continent. The engines have been long lived, with one survivor still holding down daily freight duties in 2007. A few others still see service at museum and tourist lines.

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

scotsoft

I have a few Life Like US locos Peter and they are very good locos and run very well.

Now you will need some boxcars to haul behind it  ::)

cheers John.

Alex

Nice looking loco Peter. I have several US locos both diesel and steam and they're all great runners.

Alex :wave:

longbridge

Congratulations on the purchase of your first US loco, my first American loco was a Lifelike RSD 4/5 in ATSF livery, like most if not all Lifelike N Gauge locos it was a fantastic runner.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

surfaceman

I promised ( 17 March, see above ) to post a picture of my latest acquisitions - Union Mills 2P and NGS Inspection Saloon. Never tried to upload attachments before but lets give it a try ...

Alex

scotsoft

Quote from: surfaceman on March 30, 2013, 08:45:44 PM
I promised ( 17 March, see above ) to post a picture of my latest acquisitions - Union Mills 2P and NGS Inspection Saloon. Never tried to upload attachments before but lets give it a try ...

/home/alex/Desktop/DeskTopTrays/9. eBayPics/DSCF0002.JPG

/home/alex/Desktop/DeskTopTrays/9. eBayPics/DSCF0003.JPG

???

Alex

If you have a look at the tutorial video you may find it solves your problem  ;)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4300.msg48938#msg48938

cheers John.

surfaceman

Hi, John

Thanks for the pointer - sorted!

Rgds,

Alex

Bealman

AC

That inspection saloon does look nice. If there was a GWR one, I'd definately get one.
My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations