The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: tadpole on August 05, 2011, 02:44:55 PM
Sorry, but this thread is NOT ANGRY ENOUGH!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

It should be re-named the occasionally mildly irritated thread.

Now that has really brassed me off :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

m1racleman

Quote from: Tank on August 05, 2011, 11:07:59 AM
You'll still need to pay £10 a month for a BT phone line won't you? ???
NOPE !!!!  Phone line is inclusive with Post Office   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone/home-phone-broadband/home-phone-broadband-extra

m1racleman

Quote from: poliss on August 05, 2011, 01:37:07 PM
I always wonder how these companies get away with their 'unlimited download' claim when they also have a 'fair use policy' which limits your downloads. The Post Office says they have 'fast download speeds', but it's only 8mbps. Reminds me of when 14.4kbs modems were advertised as 'fast' when 56kbs were already out.
I downloaded 650gb last month and not a peep from Post Office.

m1racleman

Just checked the blurb on the Post Office deal - £26.05 per month all in BUT
download speed in my area is just 1 MBps.
Maybe if I download an album from iTunes I'll just leave it ticking overnight!
[/quote]
You will get exactly the same speed as you currently get with BT. It's all the same eqipment no matter who your provider is. Excluding cable of course.

poliss

Most ISPs don't tell you if you've exceeded the download limit, they just 'throttle' your connection speed.

Lawrence

Quote from: newportnobby on August 05, 2011, 02:13:33 PM
to paint myself with woad and having to drag my girlfriend round by the hair :)

Ah the good old days, how I miss em  :smiley-laughing:

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on August 05, 2011, 02:13:33 PM
When I started work there weren't any calculators - I had to use a comptometer. We didn't have a fax - we had to use a telex machine.
Mind you, I was glad when I stopped having to paint myself with woad and having to drag my girlfriend round by the hair :)
Was that one of the early woad days or  one of the ones with a white line down the middle?  I think that was a Mr Marples modifiation to make the woads safer
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

longbridge

I am angry because I was walking my dog on our local beach 4 months ago and stood on a syringe, went for a routine visit to the doc yesterday for the results of some blood tests for different problem and they were normal, mentioned to him what happened on the beach so he phoned the Pathology people to find out if they still had any of my blood, they did so he ordered a Hepatitis B & C plus HIV test to be done, now I have to wait until next Friday for the results..

I am very angry at these morons that do not dispose of used needles properly and what is worse this happened near a kiddies playground.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

galway

Oldrailbug, hope that it all works out well for you.
Best wishes
Paul
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

lesmond

Quote from: oldrailbug on August 05, 2011, 09:03:24 PM
I am angry because I was walking my dog on our local beach 4 months ago and stood on a syringe, went for a routine visit to the doc yesterday for the results of some blood tests for different problem and they were normal, mentioned to him what happened on the beach so he phoned the Pathology people to find out if they still had any of my blood, they did so he ordered a Hepatitis B & C plus HIV test to be done, now I have to wait until next Friday for the results..

I am very angry at these morons that do not dispose of used needles properly and what is worse this happened near a kiddies playground.

A******s one and all, these daft b******s and their syringes. I really hope this works out ok for you. To do this near a playground is just disgraceful  :thumbsdown:
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Tank

Blimey!  :thumbsdown:  All the best to you mate.

OwL

Quote from: lesmond on August 05, 2011, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: oldrailbug on August 05, 2011, 09:03:24 PM

A******s one and all, these daft b******s and their syringes. I really hope this works out ok for you. To do this near a playground is just disgraceful  :thumbsdown:

Im sorry to hear that Lesmond/Oldrailbug. I had the same issue when i lived in Kent. It's not good, and i hate to say it is a sign of the times in our world. Drug users are one thing, leaving exposed needles is criminal thing in its own right, I agree, absoloutely disgraceful.... :thumbsdown: upsets me.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

longbridge

Lots of strange people around that do not care a hoot about anyone else, will be glad when friday comes so I can get the results of the blood tests.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Tank

My welder has just packed up. >:(  I was making some grills to put on the window of my shed. :thumbsdown:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations