Vote for your most wanted locos in the NGF Survey

Started by Newportnobby, May 09, 2012, 08:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustermark

For those new to forums, a PM is a private message and can be sent to an individual rather than posted to the topic or thread for all to see.

You can search for a member using the "members" button in the menu near the top of each page and there should be an option to send them a PM.

Or... If you find a post by that member, e.g. Newportnobby's message about the poll, then the PM icon is on the left under the member's description... There are little icons at the bottom of their details, and the PM icon is the sort of speech bubble one.

Then you write your message.  Check the To has the right member's name in and send message much like when posting on a thread.  Except it only goes to that (or those) member(s) you addressed it to.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

ray

I have sent a reply to 'tank'.  He has not replied so far.
Ray

tgv_obsessed

ah, but 1) the pm ought to go to 'newportnobby' and 2) he's posted that he might not reply
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

H

So, how's it going so far?

How many voters and what's this weeks top ten?

And bubbling under is......

H.

tgv_obsessed

a Railway Handcar in Toothpaste livery got a vote- now I wonder who did that!
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

Newportnobby

Quote from: H on May 20, 2012, 07:43:26 PM

H.

As of today we have over 100 voters :thumbsup: Keep 'em coming, folks :)
There are clear leaders in the steam and diesel loco sections but the others are very tight. That's all I'll say :-X
I know it is a wish-list but there is voting for some very obscure stuff that will never be considered mainstream by Dapol/Farish. It would help our cause if this was taken into consideration when casting your votes
Thanks again to all who have voted :beers:

Tank

Quote from: tgv_obsessed on May 20, 2012, 09:25:28 PM
a Railway Handcar in Toothpaste livery got a vote- now I wonder who did that!

Really?!   ;D  It wasn't me, but I'd shake the person by the hand for the crazy idea. :smiley-laughing:

shaky

LMS Big Bertha Licky Banker, Since thats not posible City of Birmingham Duchess class 46235

galway

Quote from: shaky on May 30, 2012, 06:06:28 PM
LMS Big Bertha Licky Banker, Since thats not posible City of Birmingham Duchess class 46235

On Farishs' releases for this year
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

tcinbg

Quote from: newportnobby on May 20, 2012, 10:00:46 PM
there is voting for some very obscure stuff that will never be considered mainstream by Dapol/Farish.

If we don't ask we don't get.  ;)

Anyway, some of the more obscure stuff may well jolt a thought or two for future productions.

Roy L S

Quote from: tcinbg on June 01, 2012, 11:06:16 PM
there is voting for some very obscure stuff that will never be considered mainstream by Dapol/Farish.

If we don't ask we don't get.  ;)

Anyway, some of the more obscure stuff may well jolt a thought or two for future productions.

Nice idea but my thinking is that these manufacturers are firmly in the zone of hard nosed business realities. Unless they can see a market for an obscure product I would not think it would even be considered as there would just be too much risk. Even the Blue Pullman is surely a calculated risk?

There IS possibly a case for having a think from the perspective of whether a model is really a realistic proposal and if not, not diluting the vote by putting it on the list. For example I would love a D34 "Glen" but unless Mr Heard from Union Mills decides to do one I see zero prospect realistically of one being made RTR so no point in voting for it.

Therefore a sensible logic COULD, in the case of Bachmann be to start with looking at the 00 range and ask what realistically might be scaled down from existing CAD: -

Steam: -

- Ivatt "Flying Pig".
- K3 2-6-0 (Pretty pleease!!).
- BR Standard 4 4-6-0.
- Rebuilt Patriot.
- Unrebuilt Patriot.
- V1/V3 2-6-2 Tank.
- Class 56 xx 0-6-2T.
- N Class 2-6-0.
- ROD 2-8-0 (Yeah right!).
- S&D 7F 2-8-0 (As above!).
- Upgraded "Crab" (More realistic).

- Brand new from ground up possibles..

- 8F
- King
- Castle (Probably a hugely popular choice).

Diesel: -

- Class 105 DMU.
- Upgraded Class 25.
- Upgraded Class 40.
- Class 416 EMU.
- Motor Luggage Van.

Diesel types are actually amazingly well covered in N even now but if brand new from the ground up, how about: -

- Clayton Class 17.
- Metrovic Co-Bo.

Anyway these are just my thoughts, everyone is of course entitled to a different view and will vote as thes see fit I am sure.

Roy

EtchedPixels

Quote from: shaky on May 30, 2012, 06:06:28 PM

I've got a 3D model of bits of Big Bertha I was playing with but it's an awkward one for the chassis and I'm currently still learning how to get some of the shapes to work (in particular the firebox shapes are not fun)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

PaulCheffus

H.

There are clear leaders in the steam and diesel loco sections but the others are very tight. That's all I'll say :-X
I know it is a wish-list but there is voting for some very obscure stuff that will never be considered mainstream by Dapol/Farish. It would help our cause if this was taken into consideration when casting your votes

Hi

Sorry but some of the obscure stuff is what I would like and therefore would vote for. If you are not interested in a true picture why bother?

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Roy L S

Quote from: PaulCheffus on June 03, 2012, 01:26:12 PM

H.

Hi

Sorry but some of the obscure stuff is what I would like and therefore would vote for. If you are not interested in a true picture why bother?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

There is no reason why you shouldn't vote as you say I guess, and if it is either a vote for an obscure item or no vote at all, it will likely make no difference to the outcome.

However, manufacturers make commercial decisions based on their own Market Research and projected unit sales so tempering the decision by maybe discounting that obscure first choice as unrealistic, and instead voting for a more viable choice that still interests you but is further down your list may result in something getting made rather than nothing.

That's how I see it anyway.

Regards

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations