Vote for your most wanted locos in the NGF Survey

Started by Newportnobby, May 09, 2012, 08:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

OK People,

How about an NGF vote? If you want to join in please PM me your 3 votes (1st/2nd/3rd) for UK outline diesel/electric and steam locos (6 votes in total) by end May. I will collate the votes and then we'll publish our N gauge list from the N Gauge Forum. If the response is big enough I will be happy to forward the results to Dapol and Graham Farish too. At the very least, it will be interesting to see how our list compares with the BRM.
Only votes by PM will be accepted and counted as it keeps the open forum clear of this traffic. If this works well we could attempt the same for rolling stock at a later date
Now is your chance - take it :thumbsup:

BobB

Are we voting for what we want in the future, or what is available now ?

Pengi

Hi Bob, we are voting on what we would like for the future so that we can give the British outline manufacturers an informed view.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

tgv_obsessed

as the OP knows, some of my votes have gone to stuff available now- and thats because i want them continued forever!
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

kirky

As has been pointed out elsewhere, it's not a fair vote if I'm voting for a dmu. It will skew the voting in favour of steam locos. Dmus/emus need a separate category. All of course IMHO.

Cheers
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

H

Quote from: kirky on May 11, 2012, 06:15:05 PM
As has been pointed out elsewhere, it's not a fair vote if I'm voting for a dmu. It will skew the voting in favour of steam locos. Dmus/emus need a separate category.

All very true.

Of course you could make three diesel and elelctric locomotive choices and then three multiple unit choices (to take the place of your three kettle options) to give you a total of the six allowed votes.  ;)

H.

tgv_obsessed

i've gone for 3 dmu/emu and 3 kettles- is that ok?
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

Chinahand

Haven't we recently done all this for the MRE Poll ?
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Pengi

The MRE poll is OO and N. We wanted to run a poll that was exclusively N. Some of us may not have known about the MRE poll so our poll gives all of us a chance to enter.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Donkey

You are right Pendy. I for one did not know about the MRE poll until I saw the results on here  :)

Marty

Newportnobby

Thanks to Pendy for fielding the questions while I've been absent for a couple of days.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, it's not a fair vote if I'm voting for a dmu. It will skew the voting in favour of steam locos. Dmus/emus need a separate category. All of course IMHO.

Cheers
Kirky

Kirky - I did answer this by saying that EMU/DMU's should be voted for in the diesel/electric section. I hope that's OK??

Quote from: tgv_obsessed on May 11, 2012, 07:01:18 PM
i've gone for 3 dmu/emu and 3 kettles- is that ok?

Yup :thumbsup:

MikeDunn

Quote from: Chinahand on May 12, 2012, 08:58:09 AM
Haven't we recently done all this for the MRE Poll ?
Yes ...

AND that one in Oz ...

Do we really need another poll ?  Especially as (no doubt) "other" sites will do the same, & send the results to B, D & H (OK, maybe not H from here  :P) and confuse things more & more ... "My poll says that modellers want A B & C", "No, my poll says the same modellers want J K & L", "No, you're both wrong, my poll says the same modellers want X Y & Z"  :o

By all means, go for it if you like filling in polls ... personally I'm not bothering, as I doubt any real attention is paid to any of them !

Mike

painbrook

Mike, a-b-c, j-k-l, x-y-z to b-d-h. I'm confused, I'll stick with an Aspinal L&Y fom U/M.
Cheers john. ;D.

kirky

Quote from: newportnobby on May 12, 2012, 05:15:13 PM
Thanks to Pendy for fielding the questions while I've been absent for a couple of days.

Cheers
Kirky

Kirky - I did answer this by saying that EMU/DMU's should be voted for in the diesel/electric section. I hope that's OK??

It's only ok if I can vote for three emu's/dmu's #and# three diesels. As H said it will skew results if emus/dmus are included in diesels, but if I can vote for them under steamers, then fine.

Cheers
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Newportnobby

Go for it, Kirky.
Some voters have said they have no interest in steamers.
Helpless souls. Someone needs to guide them onto the true path :angel: :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations