Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebnoswal and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bealman

Quote from: newportnobby on July 10, 2013, 03:13:32 AM
I have a maroon one and a green one (SYP) and they are superb runners :thumbsup:
Interestingly, according to a DVD I got at the Perth show about hydraulics, the green paint scheme (Warships and Westerns) only came into being in 1965. This was news to me. :dunce:
Thanks for that. Mick! News to me, too. That puts it just on the end of my modelled time period. Ah well, no big deal. Interesting, though!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Some acquisitions for my 'to-do' drawer – when they're finally completed they will, of course, be destined for what I hope to be my 'ta-dah' layout  :smiley-laughing:
All of these have been obtained through Shapeways related shops, they comprise:
[smg id=6010]
I've had the Etched Pixels http://www.shapeways.com/shops/etchedpixels BUT railbus set for a little while now, and also a Kato powered chassis to provide the drive.
Alan has started a topic on NGF for any completed kit/scratchbuild projects, I do wonder how long...  :-[

Bmthtrains http://www.shapeways.com/shops/Bmthtrains
GSM-R mast set arrived yesterday which, although not rolling stock, it seemed a good enough excuse to include in the shot as the link will take you to some hard-to-resist – well, for me anyhow, on track 'yellow thingies' including his (not so yellow) Kirow crane runner wagon set which wasn't there when I placed my order...  :doh:  The crane he fully expects to be available at TINGS, along with a shop site to download and print your own transfers for these.

Alternative Model Railways http://www.shapeways.com/shops/amr
– the guy responsible for the 3D printed Austin Maestro in N and OO, and some US electric loco shells I strive to resist the temptations of - 1995 6-car set also arrived yesterday, comprising 2 x driving cars (unpowered); 2 x trailer cars and 2 x uncoupling non-driving motor cars (unpowered).  These are, as with David's Pendolino set, intended for drags behind loco's and coupling translator wagons.

I've registered my module preference for the upcoming 'NGF exclusive' MPV http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=7740.255 and the Class 92 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=5668.90#msg144802 is a 'must have', so those and plenty more yet destined for the layout – ultimately  ::) :-[

Regards, Gerry.
...being a bear of very little brain...

EtchedPixels

I need to finish lining my BUT railbus set. In the end I stuck mine on a trix railbus chassis which works nicely although you have to saw the edges off the chassis - the coupler bar even fits nicely. I do need another trailer chassis to abuse for the third car.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on July 11, 2013, 07:10:11 PM
I do need another trailer chassis to abuse for the third car.

Alan

I assume that's where the phrase "trailer trash" comes from :-X

Newportnobby

Wonder when mine is going to arrive. Trust me to pick a running number that is arriving later than others :(

port perran

Bought mine today. Have run it in and it is a marvellous little locomotive. It's been a long time coming but "Well done Dapol".
By the way ......I like the look of that layout Only Me.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

SymonC

Have today bought a Class 42 Warship in Maroon "Druid" for £34.99 in Signal Box, Rochester in their closing down sale!

Will try and post some pics later.

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on July 13, 2013, 03:25:59 PM
Wonder when mine is going to arrive. Trust me to pick a running number that is arriving later than others :(

Me too!

Called Cheltenham Model Centre and they said not with them yet. Sticking with them as they've priced it for £90 er... something (£95 I think!).

Dave G

Bealman

Only Me: Your photos are the first decent look I've had at what looks to be a great model. So glad you chose the BR green... it suits it so well. Also, great to see the NGF wagon with it! Sounds like the loco is a good runner too.

Going on me wish list!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevieboy

Nothing interesting to show, but I managed to obtain a Maroon Mk1 GUV to compliment the rake of MK1's I have and the impending SWMBO enforced MK1 Horsebox purchase.

apollo45115

Quote from: newportnobby on July 10, 2013, 03:13:32 AM
I have a maroon one and a green one (SYP) and they are superb runners :thumbsup:
Interestingly, according to a DVD I got at the Perth show about hydraulics, the green paint scheme (Warships and Westerns) only came into being in 1965. This was news to me. :dunce:

I don't think that's right. The first warships entered service in green in 1958 and westerns were outshopped in green from 1961 or '62. I reckon they were painted green until 1965 but by that point Westerns and Warships tended to be outshopped in maroon as standard (so i believe) until blue was introduced. Perhaps some were painted green after the offical sanction for maroon? Where's BernardTPM when I need him?

Carl

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Woolleysh33p

Quote from: Trev on June 02, 2013, 10:19:40 PM
My purchases at the NGS AGM.
Very surprised at the colour difference between the inspection saloon and the Stove R.

One question if any one knows the answer please -  The Stove R - how would they have been used, what sort of train configuration would have included one.

Hi

Stove r's were a brake van fitted with heating. They were mainly used for standard wagon runs. They did run with coaches sometimes.

However, to anyone who owns the Pullman livery one, IT NEVER EXISTED- instead a heritage railway painted there's into the livery for the NGS.

thanks

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Woolleysh33p on July 16, 2013, 10:51:22 PM
Stove r's were a brake van fitted with heating. They were mainly used for standard wagon runs. They did run with coaches sometimes.

Not in normal (non parcels) use after about 1959 as six wheel stock was banned from passenger services about this point.

However, to anyone who owns the Pullman livery one, IT NEVER EXISTED- instead a heritage railway painted there's into the livery for the NGS.

thanks

Well
a) it did (and still does exist)
b) it wasn't painted into the livery for the NGS (the NGS isn't quite that influential even if Hornby can get an HST power car done!)

It was in fact refurbished in 2008 with water, gas and steam heating systems and the interior fitted out as a pantry to support the pullman service on the Bluebell railway. The changes were done with the long term aspiration of removing them and replacing the vehicle with a further pullman kitchen car.

The NGS did it because its a neat prototype and they knew it would sell well as pullman stuff does.

The more dubious livery is the crimson and cream.

On the paint job my impression is that the LMS Stove-R livery is probably the least accurate. The lining certainly seems "fat" and the black ends/grey roof are an annoying choice as they limit it to post 1940 - and given the amount of wartime repainting possibly post war. Also a pita to repaint as its nigh on impossible to get the needed LMS decals.

Paint fades though so its hardly a showstopper having a paler coach.

Alan

SymonC

My two recent purchases from The Signal Box in Rochester :

Graham Farish Warship "Druid"  (£34.99)

Dapol A3  "Lemberg"   (£83)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations