Problems with the forum?

Started by guest2, November 23, 2012, 12:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Thanks for letting me know.  I've only just got back on here myself.  Very annoying. :veryangry:  I haven't had a reply from the owner of the server yet.

REGP

Hi
Had trouble logging in at 13:30 today Sunday 2nd Dec, message read
"safari could not open page because server stopped responding" however could get into other web sites without any trouble.
Tried Forum again about an hour later and got in without any problem.

Regards

Ray

MacRat

on 3rd Dec. from around 13.30 to 14.00 repeatedly
"504 Gateway Time-out nginx"
or
"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

mickeyflinn

I got this message at about 12:30 today;

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. "

I had just finished reading a topic and was trying to read another. Tried refreshing the screen but got the same message.

dodger

Certainly a lot quicker today.

Dodger

Joe 90

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. "

I had just finished reading a topic and was trying to read another. Tried refreshing the screen but got the same message.
[/quote]

Had the same problem lunchtime (12.30ish) today too.
Have been getting the same message for some time now.

I don't suppose that the hosts are for some weird reason doing backups at that time?

Tank

Nobody knows what's causing it!  All we know if that it's not our fault.  Thanks for letting me know.

MikeDunn

13:27, the old Connection Problems screen ...

Griffo

Same again!

13:35

Chrome:

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx

IE

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

galway

Had same problem from 12:19 was still not working at 13:40, seems OK now
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

keithfre

I quite often get 'cannot connect to server', but it's usually back up after a few minutes or an hour or two, depending on when I try again.

Tank

Thanks all. 

Although promised that we would change servers at the weekend, hopefully it will be tomorrow now. ::)

galway

Am having problems accessing forum, sometimes lets me in (have posted on facebook), sometimes looks for me to clear cache, this worked earlier, then stopped, now working again etc  :doh:
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

Calnefoxile

Wasn't sure where to stick this, but decided on this thread.

Since the Server Move, I seem to have 2098 unseen photos in the Media section according to the front page, even though I've no Unseen photos when I select the Unseen link from the Media menu!!!

If that makes sense  :confused1: :confused1:

Regards

Neal.

Illori

you dont seem to be the only one http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9867.0 and i dont know of any way to fix it. it may just end up like that forever at this rate.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations