Revolution Trains Mystery Project

Started by Thorpe Parva, September 15, 2016, 11:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorpe Parva

red_death

Skyline2uk

Guess I will have to go to Warley then....

Skyline2uk

Chris Morris

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Karhedron

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

red_death

Yes, we are sharing a stand with Rapido at Warley (as we did last year).

Don't worry if you can't make Warley - we will still you!

Cheers, Mike

Chris Morris

Quote from: red_death on September 15, 2016, 02:58:03 PM
Yes, we are sharing a stand with Rapido at Warley (as we did last year).

Don't worry if you can't make Warley - we will still you!

Cheers, Mike
That explains it then.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

njee20

I'd have had a guess at a class 92, but as DJM has picked up the mantle recently it seems unlikely. That said I fear I'd have some sort of over-excitement induced medical episode if it were, and I'd clearly end up buying both! If they did grey with beasties I'd ending up buying multiples too  :-[

BenA said this to me on RMWeb:

QuoteHa - well, as I am almost certain you'll be interested in our next model the only answer is to build a bigger layout!

Which to my mind means, at the very least it's something modern image, but could also mean:

- it's a class 92 (as I've mentioned them repeatedly as a suggestion)
- it's WCML based (that's just about everything)
- possibly OHLE

If it's genuinely a "class XX" as opposed to a wagon (and they did say they were releasing something motorised at Warley), when I'd consider something like the STVA articulated car carriers (which I'd definitely want!), I'm at a bit of a loss. Other than increasingly obscure EMUs and class 92s what's really missing from the modern scene?! Electrostar? That would be pretty awesome.

Either way I'm damned excited, and even if Warley is 2 weeks before my first child is born I'm absolutely reserving the right to spend money I won't have  :D

Thorpe Parva

When I initially saw the reference to "class XX" I thought that at long last someone was going to produce an N Gauge Class 28. Ben's comment doesn't seem to tally with this unfortunately so I'll hope for an ex-LMS Garratt instead! Is that big enough?

Roy L S

Quote from: Thorpe Parva on September 15, 2016, 04:17:47 PM
When I initially saw the reference to "class XX" I thought that at long last someone was going to produce an N Gauge Class 28. Ben's comment doesn't seem to tally with this unfortunately so I'll hope for an ex-LMS Garratt instead! Is that big enough?

A 28 would be fantastic, but I feel that Mike and Ben will be cautious about further transition models until the tank wagon project gets over the line. Even assuming it succeeds as it hopefully will, careful thought would need to be given to what other transition prototype would tick enough boxes and have wide enough geographical spread to be viable.

The only realistic possibility I could see in this respect is the very long lived Class 116/117 DMU which survived long enough to bear 1980s liveries.

That said, a three car DMU doesn't need a big layout, so to follow Ben's hint that can't be it!

Roy

ScottyStitch

How about a class 87 or (as an outside bet, a 90)

The 90 is a unlikely because it has already been produced and RevolutioN's MO is items that haven't been produced before (I think the TEAs are a different version from those produced by Farish?)

But the 87 is "modern image", still active , WCML, a number of liveries possible stretching back the years.

I don't think the reference to njee needing a big layout means it is a big (i.e. long) model, I just think it was in reference to njee's comment about needing a bigger layout for all the desirable items RevolutioN are bringing out.

It is an oft requested model, and plenty of Dapol's 86s have been finding there way into people's collection, thanks to the discounting on Dapol's website. It reinforces the AC electric sector along with the Pendolino, 321, 86, et al....

Just a thought.

SD35

If you peel up the corner of the covering sticker you can see it's quite clearly a class 81 to go with the NGS motorail release.  :D

njee20

Yes, Scotty's right, I commented that Ben needed to stop doing models I want because my layout's full, Ben's response was as below. I took the insinuation to be that it was modern. Real modern, not 30 years ago modern ;)

90 isn't a bad shout, yes Bachmann may shrink their as yet unrelesed OO ones, but I'm pretty certain RevolutioN could steal a march on them and get it out first, by a mile (probably beating the OO one too!). I would indeed be interested in those too. Dammit.

red_death

Just a quickie on the transition era models - the 35t tank will go ahead (unless orders are truly disastrous!), but how successful it is will determine what we do in the future.  As noted on the project overview table linked to by Thorpe Parva, we already have the first CAD of the 35t tank.

As to the mystery project - well all will be revealed soon-ish! As Ben has already said it will be powered...

Cheers, Mike

jthjth

Judging by overheard conversations at TINGS, together with a folder left open with a rather interesting drawing, at least one of you is correct. But I'm not saying any more in case I'm wrong.....

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations