England v Pakistan Test series

Started by Philip., August 06, 2020, 10:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip.

Pakistan are my favourite team to watch, you really don't know what's going to happen when they play  :D

I think they'll provide stiffer opposition than the Windies, Babar looks a class act and the 17yo quick should be good to watch.

Poor start from England yesterday, [not helped by the weather.......again] Buttler must be getting close to using up all his lives, time to give Foakes another go?

Wasim Akram is my favourite player ever and an all round gent. Watched him practice at Old Trafford once, never seen anyone bowl so quick off such a short run up, incredible.

Spent loads of time after with the kids, signing my then 7 yo daughters mini bat. Great seeing him on Sky's coverage.

port perran

Yes, you never know which Pakistan will turn up, the exuberant, brilliant entertainers or the languid, uninterested eleven.
On their day, brilliant. Such a shame that  they cannot currently play at home.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

England must do better today. Yesterday, to paraphrase Monty Python, it started off well then went silly. Some poor bowling and wicketkeeping meant only 2 wickets instead of the 4 Pakistan should have lost. Bring back Alec Stewart ;D ;D

Philip.

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 06, 2020, 11:31:06 AM
England must do better today.

They didn't  :(

But that Pakistan bowling attack is seriously good :o

Newportnobby

The English bowling wasn't too shabby (I'm happy for Woakes) but the batting was grim viewing. Maybe too cocky? :hmmm:

port perran

It's all set up for tomorrow then.
I guess Pakistan are still favourites but you never  know.
Can England's batting lune up cope with the Pakistan pace attack plus their spinners on an ageing pitch?

Newportnobby

The English bowlers are at least giving our batsmen a fighting chance but our top 4 must do better. They can't keep giving their wickets away and hoping the middle order and tail end will rescue them.
My view is an England win.

Philip.

260 or less I favour England, and now that Lazarus Ben Stokes has risen from the dead it seems like we may have a chance  ;)

Newportnobby

He's done his bit with the ball and I'd rest him in readiness for the 2nd/3rd tests as far as bowling goes. Let's hope he can produce magic with the bat.

port perran

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 08, 2020, 11:02:27 AM
He's done his bit with the ball and I'd rest him in readiness for the 2nd/3rd tests as far as bowling goes. Let's hope he can produce magic with the bat.

It's one of those games that could end up nicely set up for Stokes to be the hero (yet again).

Anyway........earwig 0

Philip.

Brilliant Test Match, superb win and very well played Buttler and Woakes

crewearpley40

port perran

Riveting stuff.
A game that swung both ways but in the end very well done Woakes and Butler.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 07, 2020, 09:12:36 PM
our top 4 must do better. They can't keep giving their wickets away and hoping the middle order and tail end will rescue them.
My view is an England win.

They didn't, but they did, if you follow me.
Phew - my sphincter was twitching more than a bit at one stage :sweat:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations