Loft Bonanza

Started by Luke Piewalker, March 05, 2014, 07:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Piewalker

So, I went to my colleagues house to look at the box of n gauge stuff his father in law had dug out of the loft, which had been left to him about a decade or so back...

There were also two Farish 4p's, and LNER general purpose tank, and City of Hereford
and a Minitrix Britannia... Sir Nigel Gresley, Flying Scotsman and Ivatt 2-6-0
All mint and boxed, except the City of Hereford, which has a blob of touched up paint on it.

And some Farish coaches... and some Minitrix coaches... also mint and boxed...

A few peco wagons, a Gaugemaster TS, some PD marsh cars, people and signals

And Setrack.... lots of setrack...

Oh yeah.... and the mint and boxed Eurostar and TGV...

::)

scotsoft

.... and did he accept your offer of £10 for the lot  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

I wonder how many stashes there are like this up and down the country  :hmmm:

cheers John.

Luke Piewalker

It was rescued from the clutches of the guy across the road who said he would 'take it off his hands'...

d-a-n

You think he would like to be made an offer on the TGV by me? I've know idea what they go for but I'm always on the look out for one!

Luke Piewalker

I've got my eyes on that myself... But my main focus is the Eurostar  :laugh3: :heart2:

I'll need to wait to hear back what the word is, but some of it may find it's way into the NGF classifieds...

Lawrence

The TGV set goes for around £55-£75 on ebay and the Eurostar is £90 new from Japan, no idea on the value of the British stuff I'm afraid  :confused1:

scottmitchell74

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

ParkeNd

The way to go now is to think "what would Lovejoy have done?" 

The offer him £250 for the lot.

Luke Piewalker

Nah, too honest for that sort of behaviour.
Looked at the completed listings to see what things had actually sold for on eBay and used that to define a 'range' for each item.
Will see what the fella wants to do. It was pretty amazing picking up the next box and finding the contents, once more, apparently untouched...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations