Just a Little Warning!

Started by Mr Sprue, September 08, 2013, 07:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

Off on my Hols this week and like everyone else I am no different in fussing around carrying out all the little jobs and checks that have to be done, I do this so I can reasonably relax whilst away from my humble abode.

One of things I do probably once a year'ish is to clean the condenser and gubbins at the bottom of our fridge freezer, after removing the fascia I use a tapered down hose that I made which fits on to the Dyson hose.

It's very alarming to see how much fluff can gather inside the workings of a fridge and the kind of heat that can be produced by insulating the condenser, which is trying to cool the pumped refrigerant. I guess the fluff must be like having loft insulation wrapped around it! 

So for anyone here whom has not carried out the annual cleaning I do on my fridge maybe its a good time to do so soon, from what I can gather the latest fridge freezers because of environmental issues now use alcohol instead of refrigerant which explains why they can go up in flames.

It would be devastating enough to lose ones house in flames, but to lose the layout and rolling stock as well I think that would all be too much!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations