NGF Raffle 2012 - Buy Your Tickets!

Started by guest2, November 05, 2012, 09:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

Quote from: kaiwhara on December 27, 2012, 10:20:49 AM
Quote from: Pengy on December 27, 2012, 10:16:02 AMSadly Paypal have suspended the Raffle account because it is apparently against their policy  :-X :thumbsdown:

What exactly is their policy?? Are they intentionally trying to make it hard to raise funds??  :headbutt:

I think they class a Raffle as some form of gambling. There are loads of cases where raffles for charities have been closed down by PayPal. C'est la vie :(
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Anthony Lloyd

Quote from: Trainfish on December 27, 2012, 10:15:45 AM
Yes, by a massive 32 seconds too. Come on, buck up mate  :o
I been working nights, not long since got in ... so I'm off to bed ... Night All!

Quote from: Pengy on December 27, 2012, 10:16:02 AMTickets are £1 each - will amend the post, thanks for pointing it out.
Cheers Pengy, I thought they were when I bought tix but I just lumped a tenner as the payment to cover whatever, I know it'd be alright in the end :-)

Quote from: kaiwhara on December 27, 2012, 10:20:49 AM
Quote from: Pengy on December 27, 2012, 10:16:02 AMSadly Paypal have suspended the Raffle account because it is apparently against their policy  :-X :thumbsdown:
What exactly is their policy?? Are they intentionally trying to make it hard to raise funds??  :headbutt:

Its to do with it being a raffle/gambling and not actually a payment for a product or service technically. When Tank told me, I looked through their T&C's, but could find no restriction on this within their own documentation (but I could be wrong). I suspect its because its not registered with the Lotteries Commission or some other random bit of legislation thats covered under their general "Thou shalt commit illegality".

I got pipped again! Time for bed  :claphappy:
Pengy is on the ball this morning  :laughabovepost: :claphappy:

Pengi

Quote from: DATAjammer on December 27, 2012, 10:25:48 AM

I got pipped again! Time for bed  :claphappy:
Pengy is on the ball this morning  :laughabovepost: :claphappy:

I think you are all on the ball - I've been pipped a couple of times myself :laugh:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Tom@Crewe

For those who have already bought tickets to the suspended account is the raffle still valid?

Tank

Oh yes, don't worry, everything is fine with the raffle in terms of past tickets.  I am just not able to put a button on here advertising using Paypal to buy the tickets.  I can't say too much in public, but please Private Message me to buy your tickets.   ;)

Newportnobby

Not many sleeps to go now, lads & lassies :laugh3:
Please buy as many tickets as you can afford to as, not only does this help the forum, but we have a great charity in Help the Heroes who benefit from your kindness too.
There is £800 worth of prizes to be won so think lucky :wave:

:thankyousign:

EtchedPixels

Its the usual American thing: alcohol bad, gambling bad, being un-american bad, semi-automatic weapons, click here 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Anthony Lloyd

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
As much as that is in bad taste, I had to have a little chuckle at that!

Newportnobby

It's no wonder the Ngauge Railroad Association (NRA) have been getting such bad press :confused1:

Bealman

Good one, EP - definitely a totally sad event, but your comment did cause bealman to chuckle.

In regards to tickets, I managed to buy some successfully just before Christmas from here in Oz. Just follow Tank's instructions. I too, couldn't see the price, but apparently from reading this thread, it's fixed.

Great prizes, great cause.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: DATAjammer on December 27, 2012, 08:59:53 PM
As much as that is in bad taste, I had to have a little chuckle at that!

I wasn't actually trying to be funny, bad taste or not. That is really how it works with US companies. I've worked for US companies where wearing a gun to work in the office is perfectly acceptable but having a single beer at lunch time or even keeping alcohol of any kind on work property was an immediate firing offence.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

Replying to EP:

Thank Heavens I live here (Oz). No guns on job, but one Friday back in 1991 or so I went and had a few beers with a couple of mates in the lunch break! Got back to work (teacher) and deputy principal hauled me off class pronto. I argued, but to no avail.

Some of the kids who were in my science class that afternoon are now in their late thirties, and often have a drink with me and laugh about that day.

But I still kept me job, and am still working there a couple of days a week to this day.

Yep, major issues to be addressed in the USA.

George

Bealman

Hi Team,

Not sure who does the banners, but your NGF raffle & Christmas/New Years banners are great.

I guess by now it's closed, so good luck all those who bought tickets!

It's just after 9pm here as I write this in NSW and the 'early' firework display is now on telly over Sydney Harbour.

Basically that means it's the 'family' display before the midnight one before all the ferals hit the streets and the hospital emergency wards become inundated. Right now TV is full of fireworks over Sydney Harbour bridge, but we are getting in yer face TV hosts telling us they will be back at midnight and vote on yer iphone blah blah blah.

Bah Humbug. Hate New Year,  but it's gonna be a good one... heading over to UK!

:bounce: :thumbsup: Seriously I am not as serious as serious. He said, tongue in cheek  :P

Happy New Year everyone!!  :beers:

scotsoft

Quote from: bealman on December 31, 2012, 10:15:20 AM
Hi Team,

Not sure who does the banners, but your NGF raffle & Christmas/New Years banners are great.
It is Pengy who has taken that mantle on and a great job she is doing

I guess by now it's closed, so good luck all those who bought tickets!
It is open till 12.30pm today so still time to top up your tickets if you want to improve your chances of winning

cheers John.

findus

Now im being a little dim but cant remember if i brought tickets or not  :hmmm: 

can anybody confirm i have or not?  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations