NGF Mobile

Started by guest2, June 18, 2012, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Hi Neal, the app was one that we actually had to purchase and was coded by an independent programmer, illori may know if there are any alternatives available to what you are seeing that can be utilised.  Obviously we try to get best value out of any improvements we look to make as we are aware that it is, in part, funded by members donations and decisions to spend money are not taken lightly, but if it improves the forum for members we do give it serious consideration.

Illori

i am not i understand the request to do anything with it or to consider doing it.

Matthew-peter

I have logged in on the mobile version and I have to say it is a lot easier than the standard layout, very well done guys  :thumbsup:
OK who took my cake?

Lawrence

Quote from: Illori on June 21, 2012, 01:08:17 PM
i am not i understand the request to do anything with it or to consider doing it.

??? ???

Illori

Quote from: Calnefoxile on June 21, 2012, 09:54:36 AM

Only criticism is about the block blue colours. Can I suggest that the Topic only be blocked in when an update to that Topic has been made??

that part, i dont understand what is being asked.

Lawrence

I think the OP is referring to the main boards being white and the sub boards being blue, however the option to "read new posts" should help that.  Certainly when you scroll down through the Knowledge Bank, for example, you get a lot of blue as there are so many sub boards.

Neal, you will just have to like blue a bit more  ;)  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Bealman

Background colour to that response, perhaps? Just tryin' to help?!

Ok just saw latest. Blue, blue electric blue...

On my 'old' Nokia E71 it all comes up white background anyway.

:P :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Illori

if it would help we could just remove the child/sub boards from the index on the mobile theme, then you can only view them from inside the parent board.

Bealman

Like the flag counter! And also just checked out a London 2012 clip with the torch on the North York Moors Railway. Cool! Also on same clip the Scout guy proposing to his girlfriend.... ah, well. Can't win 'em all. Nah, good on him. :-\

Ok I'm getting in the way of some serious discussion here. I'll bow out. :wave:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Lawrence

Quote from: Illori on June 21, 2012, 01:52:37 PM
if it would help we could just remove the child/sub boards from the index on the mobile theme, then you can only view them from inside the parent board.

Does anyone else have any thoughts / preferences on this, please let us know, otherwise we will just ignore Neal  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Lawrence on June 21, 2012, 01:41:55 PM
Neal, you will just have to like blue a bit more  ;)  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Lawrence,

I will always like blue, there is only colour for me and that is the one my beloved Leicester City play in and that is errr oh yeah...BLUE  ;D ;D

Cheers

Neal.

davidjhope

Love it.
I had difficulty in viewing it before on my HCT Wildfire.
This is perfect.
My only niggle is that I really enjoy looking at the recent posts on the main site. Have I missed it on the mobile version or has it been omitted?
David

Lawrence

hear you go david

Quote from: Illori on June 18, 2012, 08:51:06 PM
Quote from: upnick on June 18, 2012, 08:47:27 PM
Lot better than   scrolling  &  zooming in & out on ther phones screen although unless i've missed it   

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
Show own posts. Show own topics.

Doesnt appear as on the main site page  is this something that will  or could apear at a later date on the mobile  version of the site ?   

if you click the image on the top left it will show you the menu where you can select several of those. it looks like a circle with a grid in it.

davidjhope

Thanks Lawrence.
Now it's perfect.

mr magnolia

Quote from: Lawrence on June 21, 2012, 02:18:54 PM
Quote from: Illori on June 21, 2012, 01:52:37 PM

Does anyone else have any thoughts / preferences on this, please let us know, otherwise we will just ignore Neal  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

If I was sure that I knew what I was talking about, I'd support this- there's a lot of scrolling to get to the end of the knowledge base on the mobile version, as each letter takes up a whole line. Same would be true for other parent/child arrangements as the family grows and becomes unruly.
Otherwise, top marks, and many thanks.
I mostly view via mobile phone, so this helps enormously.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations