N Gauge Forum - 10 Year Anniversary!

Started by Tank, November 15, 2020, 12:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LASteve

It's all been said already, but I'll say it again - Thank you Tank, thank you moderators and thank you everyone who contributes and thank you everyone who asks for advice so we can all learn.

Bealman

Checking my profile, it turns out I signed up 6 months after Tank started the forum. I was very honoured when I was asked to join the team not long after.

The job takes a lot of my time, but it is generally a pleasure, as I've been into model railways all my life. I have made many internet friends here over the years.

Down points... the passing of great members over the years, such as Peter Charles Fagg and Trainsdownunder.

Highlights... not sure I should let him know this.... meeting fellow mod NewportNobby in Blackpool in 2013 and then again six months later at the Wigan show.

Also meeting mod railsquid for a boozy night at a pub in Tokyo in 2018.

Here's to another ten years!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Very happy to add my congratulations and thanks for such a great forum.

Looking back, I joined in February 2012 and although time has been in short supply recently, I do pop in from time to time to see what you guys are up to.

Best wishes to all N Gaugers and thanks for your company over the years.

Dave G

NTrain

Ten years, when did that happen...................

Been happy to support when I have been able.

chrism

Well I'm a relative newcomer, being just over a week short of two years here.

When I started planning on working in n-gauge, as one does, I looked at several sites and this seemed to me the easiest to use, the most informative and, equally importantly, the friendliest - so I joined just this forum and have had no reason to regret that decision whatsoever.

Many thanks to @Tank and the team for providing the resource and to all the other members for their assistance, encouragement and community spirit.

Graham

Congratulations on the 10yrs, I thought i had only been on a short while before retirement, turned out i joined in 2012, doesnt seem that long ago.

What a great forum, i have learnt so much, and without the pointers when i started dabbling in DCC I would probably have thrown the lot out the window.

Now retired it is my first port of call every morning to see what is happening.

I am very proud of my NGF mug which I use every week on my visit to our local model railway club.

all the best to everyone who make this happen.

cheers
Graham

zwilnik

I joined about a week after the forum started according to my profile, mostly it seems so I could post a comment on a silly photo Tank had posted :)

Not regretted a moment of being a member of the NGF, it's been informative, useful and (despite @dannyboy and his running groaners thread ;) ) often funny :)

Keeping a forum like this working for 10 years is a major achievement, well done Chris!

LAandNQFan

I've been a very grateful member for six years, and my layout would have cost twice as much and would have been a tenth as successful if it had not been for the forum.  Helpful advice and generous encouragement have been unfailing from Caz, Bealman, NPN, Chris in Prague and Tank throughout that time.  Thanks to all of you for what you have helped me to do.
:thankyousign: :NGF: :thankyousign:
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

dannyboy

Quote from: Graham on November 16, 2020, 07:59:43 AM

I am very proud of my NGF mug which I use every week on my visit to our local model railway club.

Maybe now would be a good time to have a new mug produced - 'NGF 10th'.  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

maridunian

I'd just like to add my congratulations and thanks. It"s a big Internet, but this site is one of the half dozen I check a few times a day. I've been modelling in N gauge since the 1970s, but I learn something new on here every day. That's the achievement I feel, building a place where people give their experience freely so others can take, or leave it, as suits them, and we're all richer for it.

Thank you all!

Mike
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

lil chris

I would like to add my congratulations Tank, well done. I just checked, I have been on here since October 2012, where has the time gone. This is the most friendly site I know, lots of free advice plus some banter. I have met up with Mick ( @Newportnobby )and a few other members, and made some good friends on here and I feel privileged to be a member here. Chris keep safe everybody.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Calnefoxile

WOW!!!! 10 Years!!!!

This news made me check when I first registered, which was Sept 2011, so early on in NGF's gestation period. I must admit it's grown beyond all expectations, a much better place than, ahem, some other place  ;) ;) ;) which is what drew me over in the first place, that place is so full of the self important and know-it-alls where NGF doesn't seem to have so many of those types.

We've had some great meet-ups at TINGS and I've got to know a lot of people through this Forum, where we've helped each other out with information.

Long may it continue.....

Regards

Neal.

Delboy

Congratulations to Tank and all the support team on reaching a truly great milestone. Your efforts are really appreciated and a big shout out to all the members time and patience in helping we less knowledgeable folk make progress in this addictive hobby and for providing the best railway modelling forum available to mankind.
Long live the NGF. :beers:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

weave

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NGF and thank you Tank for starting it and keeping it going so brilliantly. Also thanks to all the Mods and others who help.

I joined in October 2011, apparently  :worried:, time flies by when you're having fun  :thumbsup:.

I knew absolutely nothing when I started about 10 years ago and found it very difficult to find help and advice, nearly giving up. Stumbled across the NGF one day and it was such a breath of fresh air especially for a total beginner.

I'm still not very good but know I can always learn more from the friendly members on here.

It's not just railways though. I'm not on any other Forums or any social media so the NGF is great to get away from 'BGT' or 'Strictly' when SWMBO's in charge of the remote, chatting about football, baseball and beer or bus stops when I can't sleep at 3am  :D I won't mention the jokes  :no:

Thanks again to all and here's to another 10.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

nharding99

Proud member since October 2012 :-)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks
Nigel H

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP